Shoreham Saturday

Arrange to meet fellow members at a particular event/location
sylvancatharsis

Shoreham Saturday

Post by sylvancatharsis »

It just so happens that my UK vacation (er... holiday) coincides with Shoreham this year. I'll be going on the Saturday. So, if you see a long-haired, bearded fellow wearing a floppy hat (laugh all you want, I've never gotten sunburn on my head as long as I've been wearing it) and a Canon 6D/100-400mm combo yammering on in an American accent, come and say hello! Might also do Bournemouth; sadly can't make the Sunday for the Canberra and Foxy but am going to make a concerted effort to convince the family members in tow that a Friday on the seafront with some aircraft buzzing about might not be a bad idea.
Author of CULT OF THE WYVERN, a novel about Westland Wyverns and aliens. (Really.)
Flicky Flicky

aceyone

Re: Shoreham Saturday

Post by aceyone »

sylvancatharsis wrote:It just so happens that my UK vacation (er... holiday) coincides with Shoreham this year. I'll be going on the Saturday. So, if you see a long-haired, bearded fellow wearing a floppy hat (laugh all you want, I've never gotten sunburn on my head as long as I've been wearing it) and a Canon 6D/100-400mm combo yammering on in an American accent, come and say hello! Might also do Bournemouth; sadly can't make the Sunday for the Canberra and Foxy but am going to make a concerted effort to convince the family members in tow that a Friday on the seafront with some aircraft buzzing about might not be a bad idea.

Hope you have a very nice time but you won't need a sunhat I'm afraid :lol:
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

No I am not going to bother bringing a sun hat- the weather looks c**p. :sad:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

tommo999

Post by tommo999 »

Windy, AGAIN :sleepy:

Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Post by Talldan76 »

tommo999 wrote:Windy, AGAIN :sleepy:

And wet if you believe the forecasts...

patrouille2001

Post by patrouille2001 »

I did not go to Farnborough on the Saturday because of forecast of massive thunderstorms and what happens, sunny and dry all day. :oops:

corsair F4U

Post by corsair F4U »

I was going Saturday but Sunday is looking a lot better according to the met office so that will be my day :smile:
Height is your friend

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

Forecast seems to be changing all the time,will wait a bit till nearer the day.Must admit Sunday looks the better at the moment and might not be as crowded as no Vulcan, the wind on Saturday might cause a problem for the Lancs coming from Bournemouth as BOB seem to be very wary at the of weather conditions re Eastbourne on the Sunday,understandable I suppose with such valuable aircraft.

John in Seaford

J

SHARFA2

Post by SHARFA2 »

I heard that a huge amount of tickets have been shifted for the Airshow with the Lancs being the attraction.

Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Post by Talldan76 »

No flying for the Canadian Lancaster this weekend - just landed after a precautionary engine shutdown, and needing to undergo maintenance.

So no 2 Lancs at Shoreham :-(