Greece

Arrange to meet fellow members at a particular event/location
Jay

Greece

Post by Jay »

Hi, does anybody know when the Hellenic air force are retiring their Phantoms. I really hoped to get a photo of one airborne at RIAT on departures day but was at the wrong end of the runway so all i got was a blurry image of the back end of a Phantom.
I am considering a trip to Greece next year, it is something I have thought about for a while, not actually for the Phantoms but for the wildlife (another of my interests) but if I could see a Phantom whilst I was there then that would be a bonus.
I have a feeling that spotters are not very welcome though, especially if it involves taking photos near a air base.

Jay

Re: Greece

Post by Jay »

Errr come to think of it I might give the Phantom spotting a miss as i have just been reading about some spotters who got jailed for doing just that!

SPLAT

Post by SPLAT »

I am lead to believe that on the yearly airforce days , that they are fairly accomodating

nellis6

Post by nellis6 »

Annual Archangel Days are your best bet, but not sure you will see one fly?? As someone who regularly works with the Hellenic air Force I would not recommend photographing from off base. I never attempt to photograph from off base, and they know who I am! It is definitely frowned upon and I would not be tempted, although some people do and get away with it.
Mike Green
Editor, Jetwash Aviation Photos
http://www.jetwashaviationphotos.com