Andrews AFB Airshow. Worth doing?

Aviation events in the United States and Canada
petefletch

Andrews AFB Airshow. Worth doing?

Post by petefletch »

Hi guys.

I have the chance while over in the states to go to the Andrews AFB Airshow in may. I am wonderi g if anyone here has been and if so is it worth the trip? Also, from what I can see it looks like photography will be into the sun? Is that correct?

Any info you guys have regarding this show will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Pete
Last edited by petefletch on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warferry

Re: Andrews AFB Airshow. Worth doing?

Post by warferry »

Hi Pete, It's one of the best being a joint forces USAF, USN,Army, Marine. Photo's no problem. Excellent buses in from Baseball ground just leave smartly or hang about if you have time. Cheap motels near as is Hazy museum. PM me for any questions. Regards

DJ17

Post by DJ17 »

petefletch wrote:Hi guys.

I have the chance while over in the states to go to the Andrews AFB Airshow in may. I am wonderi g if anyone here has been and if so is it worth the trip? Also, from what I can see it looks like photography will be into the sun? Is that correct?

Any info you guys have regarding this show will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Pete

A pretty good show, into sun for some of it though.

Lots of different types and you'll get inside most of the bigger stuff, Navy C-40, Marines Osprey, C-5, vintage DC3/6 etc.

Very busy though.

Was there a few years back and both VC-25's taxied out and departed right in front of the crowd.

Best bet for parking is at the Branch Avenue Metro Station, it's less than 5 mins from the gate, Fedex Field is quite a bit further out.

Be prepared to have your camera bag etc searched at these places rather than at the entrance to the show.

Enjoy.

petefletch

Post by petefletch »

Well thanks for the information.

I had a fantastic day. The light was challenging until just after mid day, but that really only effected the harrier display, which was quite far off compared to other displays.

The B2, F22, MV22 Osprey and the Blue Angels were fantastic.

Great day had and loads of great shots. Am just waiting for my flight home now so the shots will be up in a week or so.

Cheers

Pete