Helio Gathering 2017 EAA Airventure

Aviation events in the United States and Canada
heliopilot

Helio Gathering 2017 EAA Airventure

Post by heliopilot »

Greetings everyone from Oshkosh,

Yes we live here, and are located about one mile North of Wittman Regional Airport. It gets pretty noisy around here for one week, but I'm up for that. Jet Noise is good.
This year we had 10 Helio's attend the Vintage area and was subject to quite a festival of Aircraft, including Ole. No.1 which is now based in Montreal, QC.

Here are a few shots from that event. I'm pretty much your resident Helio guy so if you have any questions, feel free to ask away. We also have a master list of every airplane built and ready to go viral with our newly developed web page. I see that Helio H-295 G-BAGT that's been a local resident in the UK for many years now sports a U-10D military paint scheme. The real deal Helio #66-14347 was in attendance at Oshkosh and took an award for longest flown and Contemporary Classic Most Unique aircraft. # 1249 was built as a U-10D and never went to Southeast Asia, it stayed stateside and ended up with the California Air National Guard, then Civil Air Patrol and placed on Tri-Gear under an STC. We have the complete history of these airplanes and I'll send you all a link for that in another post. For now we have this.

https://shortfieldhelioclub.info

Cheers,
Stephen
Slow Flight in a Helio interests everyone. Fly it like you STOL it.

tankbuster

Re: Helio Gathering 2017 EAA Airventure

Post by tankbuster »

I think you are what we might call a nerd and a very admirable one at that. I like Helios. A couple of pics of G-BAGT, the second at Hahnweide Germany, Sep 2016 and the first Northolt UK Oct 2015

Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

heliopilot

Post by heliopilot »

If I can figure out this Flickr thing and get some photos up, then you will see what a nerd I really am. So far my pics won't upload for some reason.

Cheers
Stephen

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Hi Stephen, try using this :- viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47

heliopilot

Post by heliopilot »

Big Eric,

Read that topic earlier and signed up for a flickr account, went to upload photos and they magically disappear, so until I get some help with this process it looks as if we will have to find another avenue.

Thanks for the heads up.

For now go here, and I'll have some pics posted for your viewing enjoyment.

https://img1.wsimg.com/isteam/ip/8a032e ... h:500,a:cc

https://img1.wsimg.com/isteam/ip/8a032e ... h:500,a:cc

Cheers,
Stephen

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Upload your photos to flickr and create an album, click on the one you want to download to here, click on the arrow that points to the right (if you hover over it then it says "share photo") and then paste the link into here.

Very, very few forum members will ever click on a link to a photo sharing site.

I hope that helps? :smile:

heliopilot

Post by heliopilot »

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Yay, success ! :win:

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Good to hear from you Stephen. I'm a massive AirVenture fan, visited 2009 though 2014. Thinking of going back next year for one last time!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP