Oshkosh 2019.

Aviation events in the United States and Canada
p51cjb

Re: Oshkosh 2019.

Post by p51cjb »

Some of you must be very tasty! Didn't get bitten once and only applied insect repellent for the night show as a precaution - maybe they only go for younger flesh :smile:

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

p51cjb wrote:Some of you must be very tasty! Didn't get bitten once and only applied insect repellent for the night show as a precaution - maybe they only go for younger flesh :smile:

:grin:

Apparently it's determined by blood-type; there are certain blood-types which, to yer mosquito, basically smell like a juicy steak cooking on a barbecue. I must have that type, because they appear to regard me as a kind of walking smorgasbord. :sad:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

PeteFenwick

Post by PeteFenwick »

I was not aware of any insects/biting bugs throughout my 7 days in shorts and tee shirt. Either there were none or they just don't like me?

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Looking forward to some photos from you guys - hopefully soon! :wink: :lol:

Andy :smile:

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

I'll be putting mine on AirHistory.net over the coming months. So much more friendly then Airliners.net.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

GeorgeP

Post by GeorgeP »

Nice to hear that you blokes had an equally good time at Oshkosh. I (almost didn't) arrived on the Saturday so that I could watch some of the arrivals on Sunday. My mate and I attended every day, including the last Sunday and, as mentioned by previous contributors, a 'usual' day involved upwards of 20, 000 steps. Hard work with 10kg of camera equipment and four litres of drinking water strapped to my body. I took home about 150GBs of images which I'm slowly working through and will eventually post in the 'Airshows' section of UKAR.

Within an hour of arriving in the USA and connecting to the web, I had booked my university dorm. accommodation for 2020. Too many Oshkosh air shows are never enough! :yahoo:
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30699732@N05/albums

PeteFenwick

Post by PeteFenwick »

George look forward to seeing some of your pics. With 3000 to get through it will keep me busy for a while.

As an aside I weighed my camera bag and at 11Kg with just camera equipment I looked for a trolley (festival wheels) and bought one for £15 and lightweight for the luggage. A boon made it so mush easier for the long walks at Oshkosh. Probably only use it for Oshkosh but worth a thought.

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

• "Osh-Gosh!" - Gordon Duncan trekked to the far north of the USA to report back for UKAR from EAA AirVenture 2019, which this year celebrated its 50th anniversary of being staged at Oshkosh's Wittman Regional Airport.

Image Image Image

GeorgeP

Post by GeorgeP »

A well-written report accompanied by excellent images. Thanks for posting it. :up:
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30699732@N05/albums

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

GeorgeP wrote:Hard work with 10kg of camera equipment and four litres of drinking water strapped to my body. :yahoo:

Is drinking water available on site (to fill reusable bottles rather than buying bottles for water)?

PeteFenwick

Post by PeteFenwick »

There are water points scattered around the site, so no problems filling water bottles.