Oshkosh 2020.

Aviation events in the United States and Canada
Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Re: Oshkosh 2020.

Post by Blackbird »

The only commitment I made for the trip was buying a one week pass. I believe that the EAA are offering to roll that forward but haven't yet heard from them - they'll have a few more pressing things to do - but will follow up in a few days.

I would be nice if we could arrange to meet up next year. Any thoughts?

Andy :smile:

GeorgeP

Post by GeorgeP »

Blackbird wrote:
Sun 03 May 2020, 8:31 am
...I would be nice if we could arrange to meet up next year. Any thoughts?

A great idea! From other posts on this thread, quite a few people (farnboroughbob, FlankerPhoto and PeteFenwick) were planning to go this year. You may know one another, so it may be easier for one of you to plan it. I'm happy to go along with whatever you blokes organise and I can offer advice to any first-timers who are attending.

The other matter for any 2021 Oshkosh attendees to consider is the Thunder Over Michigan airshow. It is sometimes scheduled for the w/e after Oshkosh and well worth attending. Last year's show featured about a dozen F-4U Corsairs!
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30699732@N05/albums

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

GeorgeP wrote:
Sun 03 May 2020, 11:05 am
The other matter for any 2021 Oshkosh attendees to consider is the Thunder Over Michigan airshow. It is sometimes scheduled for the w/e after Oshkosh and well worth attending. Last year's show featured about a dozen F-4U Corsairs!
But only if I want a divorce :lol:

I think we can wait to try an organise a meet til a little nearer the time though!

Andy

GeorgeP

Post by GeorgeP »

Blackbird wrote:
Sun 03 May 2020, 11:16 am
But only if I want a divorce :lol:
Bribe her!
Blackbird wrote:
Sun 03 May 2020, 11:16 am
I think we can wait to try an organise a meet til a little nearer the time though!
:up:

EDIT: 10th May 2020 I have just received notification from the U of W (Oshkosh) that our accommodation booking for 2020 has been rolled over to 2021. I look forward to meeting the UKAR members who plan to attend Oshkosh next year. About 440 sleeps to go...
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

I am hoping to go in 2021 for the first time. Trouble is there is a bit of lack of income, combined with uncertainty on travel so may wait until Christmas before committing. Trouble then is accommodation, if they are rolling over this years bookings will there be any left by Christmas?

GeorgeP

Post by GeorgeP »

Although we have rolled over our accommodation to 2021, we believe that there is only a 50% chance that we will go. Restrictions on overseas travel, availability of a vaccine, possible quarantine periods upon arrival ... etc. will be things that we consider.
farnboroughrob wrote:
Sun 17 May 2020, 11:22 am
I am hoping to go in 2021 for the first time. Trouble is there is a bit of lack of income, combined with uncertainty on travel so may wait until Christmas before committing. Trouble then is accommodation, if they are rolling over this years bookings will there be any left by Christmas?
My recommendation would be to book a room (I presume that you're planning to stay at the uni dorms) when bookings open for next year. If you decide not to go, all you lose is one night's deposit. Check the university's website to determine when bookings for 2021 open. Good luck, I hope you make it.
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.