MAKS 2021

Discuss airshows, exercises and spotter days outside of Europe and North America
Go4Long

MAKS 2021

Post by Go4Long »

Well, too much doom and gloom going on on here right now.

I was cruising the website of MAKS and found that it is currently listing a count down of 487 days from now, which would be July 19th, 2021. Would be a logical date as it would once again be the week following Air Tattoo 2021. I have seen a few references to it being by order of the government for it to move to July in 2021...but I believe that they said that about 2019 originally as well. I know I'm planning on attending again, as I had a spectacular time last year.

Sultan of Wings

Re: MAKS 2021

Post by Sultan of Wings »

Still a bit far in time to make date predictions. Dates can be announced and then be changed again.

I will certainly be there, alive or half dead.

Planning to go on ALL MAKS days for 2021 air show!

:worship:

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

Sultan of Wings wrote:Still a bit far in time to make date predictions. Dates can be announced and then be changed again.

I will certainly be there, alive or half dead.

Planning to go on ALL MAKS days for 2021 air show!

:worship:

I know it's early...just looking to talk about something positive. :)

Berf

Post by Berf »

From Aviasalon:

The Republic of Korea Air Force Black Eagles Aerobatic Team was invited to participate in the 2021 International Aviation and Space Salon. At the meeting of Aleksandr Levin, Director General of Aviasalon JSC, with Colonel Kim Yong Wook, Air Force Attache of the Republic of Korea in the Russian Federation the parties discussed the conditions of participation of the aerobatic team and the issues of further cooperation between the parties. Further to the discussions, an official request for the aerobatic team to participate in MAKS 2021 was prepared to the Command of the Air Force of the Republic of Korea. In addition, Aviasalon JSC proceeded with creation of a package of proposals for the Korean companies operating in the aerospace industry to participate in the exhibition.

Berf

Post by Berf »

Extract from Aviasalon:
...the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS, held in Zhukovsky near Moscow, will be held on the set dates. Registration of participants, which started in mid-October, is proceeding at a high pace. Leading Russian aircraft manufacturers and a number of foreign companies have already confirmed their plans and reserved areas. In addition, a number of world premieres will take place at MAKS, which will raise the exhibition's status.

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

I was talking to my friend about it. I think if any big international show is likely to go through it would be MAKS. One because honestly they're just the most likely to do it in my opinion, and two because they need to sell some jets.

Berf

Post by Berf »

Airshow confirmed plus:

A representative of the Aerospace Forces of the Russian Federation, speaking at a meeting of the Organizing Committee, said that four aerobatic aviation groups will take part in the flight program: Russian Knights, Swifts, Falcons of Russia and Berkuts.

Sultan of Wings

I was at MAKS 2019. I had a wonderful visit and a really nice time in Moscow plus they had the Military Music festival at Red Square. Not a boring minute and the weather was perfect.

I am all booked, flight and acomodation for MAKS 2021. The eVisa process is suspended for the time being.
I hope visas will be reinstated before MAKS time 20 to 25 July.

Airbus will send one aircraft still to be determined.
Last edited by Sultan of Wings on Mon 24 May 2021, 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sultan of Wings

I received my MAKS Air Show email today. This is the information (translated).
There is no English page to be found anywhere - yet.

XV INTERNATIONAL AVIATION AND SPACE SALON MAKS-2021

The MAKS International Aviation and Space Salon, the most anticipated event of the year, will take place from 20 to 25 July 2021. The latest developments in the field of civil and military aviation, promising projects and the results of scientific research will attract the attention of professionals, and exciting demonstration performances of test pilots and dizzying pirouettes performed by renowned aerobatic teams of the Aerospace Forces of Russia and other countries will impress hundreds of thousands of aviation enthusiasts.

Visitors to the salon will be able to familiarize themselves with thematic expositions, as well as see full-scale samples of aircraft, which will be located in a static parking lot, and watch demonstration flights. The most comfortable conditions have been created for the guests of the salon: fully air-conditioned pavilions, dedicated public catering and trade areas. During the exhibition, free buses will be organized from the nearby railway stations to the exhibition complex.

PRICE AND TICKET CATEGORIES
ATTENTION - CHILDREN UNDER 14 YEARS OLD VISIT THE AIR SALON FOR FREE!

Category
ENTRANCE TICKET
Price
800 RUB valid until July 18 inclusive
Price
1000 RUB valid from 19 July until the end of the event

The ticket price includes
One-time visit to the event on one of the days - July 23, 24 or 25
Children under 14 years old are admitted free of charge when accompanied by adult family members.

Category
BUSINESS ENTRANCE TICKET ONE OF THE DAYS July 20-25
Price
3500 RUB valid until the end of the event

One-time visit to the event of your choice on any of the days from 20 to 25 July
The ticket gives the right to enter the territory of MAKS-2021, inspect the exhibition exposition inside the pavilions and aviation exhibits at the static exposition. On business days from July 20 to July 22, demonstration flights are held according to a special schedule. On the days from 23 to 25 July, the flight program runs throughout the day with the participation of the best aerobatic teams. Children under 14 years old are admitted free of charge when accompanied by adult family members.

Category
TICKET FOR MEDIAPLATFORM
Price
RUB 11,000 valid until July 18 inclusive
Price
RUB 13,000 valid from 19 July until the end of the event

Entrance to the territory of MAKS 2021;
One-time visit to the media platform from 20 to 25 July;
The best places for photo and video shooting;
Delivery of visitors from the Directorate to the filming location and back. The delivery of visitors will be carried out by official vehicles with “Media Platform” signs on schedule from the Directorate's office on the territory of the exhibition complex;
Bar with soft drinks and light snacks;
Compulsory accident insurance is included in the ticket price.

The media platform is a conveniently located (the opposite side of the runway from the audience) specialized area for photo and video filming, which is a stable two-story structure 4 meters high. The second floor of the media platform was created as an observation deck with an open view, which allows filming flights "in the sun". There is a tent (10-15 sq. M.) Next to the media platform, where tables with soft drinks and light snacks will be placed.

Visitors who have bought tickets with the possibility of photo and video filming from the media platform in advance sale must register an hour before the start of the flight program with the manager at the MAKS-2021 Directorate office on the territory of the exhibition complex and go through the compulsory insurance procedure (included in the ticket price).

Link:
https://www.parter.ru/campaign/maks2021 ... f6ae00cd8e

(No English).

Berf

Post by Berf »

Are you going to the field over the river?

Sultan of Wings

Berf wrote:
Mon 24 May 2021, 6:49 pm
If only I knew how to get there. by public transport of course, and then there is quite some walking on foot.

Not sure about the Media Platform. Is it really worth spending all the money?

Draken

Post by Draken »

Sultan of Wings wrote:
Tue 25 May 2021, 8:26 pm
Berf wrote:
If only I knew how to get there. by public transport of course, and then there is quite some walking on foot.

To get to the field - just take Uber ;)
The platform - worth every Rubel! (unless there is a group from China using elbows and backpacks to get to the front row ;) )

Sultan of Wings

I just spotted this. I hope they will bring one to MAKS but it would be on static. I don't think it will fly. I don't remember seeing it at the last air show.

Russian Tu-22M3 long-range bombers land in Syria for first time as country's air force begins training over Mediterranean Sea

Berf

Post by Berf »

Sultan of Wings wrote:
Tue 25 May 2021, 8:26 pm
Berf wrote:

IMHO not if you go to the field. While you will get some great take-off shots much of the display was over our heads in the field which meant the people on the platform would not have been shooting into the best light. Maybe worth it if you are going multiple days - if you are going that far you may as well go on more than one day! So it was one day in and the rest in the field. Most people seemed to use Yandex rather than Uber.

Berf

Post by Berf »

Sultan of Wings wrote:
Tue 25 May 2021, 9:19 pm
I just spotted this. I hope they will bring one to MAKS but it would be on static. I don't think it will fly. I don't remember seeing it at the last air show.

Russian Tu-22M3 long-range bombers land in Syria for first time as country's air force begins training over Mediterranean Sea

MAKS is more about export aircraft but saying that it's Russia - anything could happen.

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

The one thing I wish I'd done on the last one was go to the media platform on one of the business days for the helicopters, and the big Sukhoi formation.

But on the flip side of that, I ended up on the media platform for the vapor show on the Saturday, so that was good.

As others have said, take a taxi. Use yandex taxi app. It's good, and the taxis are cheap. I got them to drop me off right at the end of the dirt road into the field every day and it was perfect.

Sultan of Wings

Go4Long wrote:
Fri 28 May 2021, 11:53 am
The one thing I wish I'd done on the last one was go to the media platform on one of the business days for the helicopters, and the big Sukhoi formation.

But on the flip side of that, I ended up on the media platform for the vapor show on the Saturday, so that was good.

As others have said, take a taxi. Use yandex taxi app. It's good, and the taxis are cheap. I got them to drop me off right at the end of the dirt road into the field every day and it was perfect.
I am willing to share a taxi to get to the said spot. I tried getting there by bus and foot. I got mixed up and failed. Where did you get your Yandex taxi from?

I will be on the air show grounds the first day. Some of the visiting civiilian aircraft will not stay for the whole air show. I remember the Embraer leaving on the Tuesday last time. Airbus will probably stay the whole time. I don't know which aircraft they will send. Probably a smaller Neo. Wish they would bring the A380 which is really the aircraft the Russians want to see, though I know it will not happen.

I am seriously thinking of buying a media platform ticket.Not sure which will be the better day. Was thinking of the Saturday. That's when they have the most aircraft flying.

How many of you UKAR's are set to go this time?

Berf

Post by Berf »

Not this time but I am aiming for the Kubinka event...

Sultan of Wings

Berf wrote:
Fri 28 May 2021, 4:56 pm
Not this time but I am aiming for the Kubinka event...
I wouldn't mind attending both if I can. I will have to see about obtaining a double entry visa.
The war games sound really interesting and then the planes of course!
I have not been to Kubinka. It would be a new one for me.

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

Sultan of Wings wrote:
Fri 28 May 2021, 3:04 pm
Go4Long wrote:
Fri 28 May 2021, 11:53 am

I am willing to share a taxi to get to the said spot. I tried getting there by bus and foot. I got mixed up and failed. Where did you get your Yandex taxi from?

I will be on the air show grounds the first day. Some of the visiting civiilian aircraft will not stay for the whole air show. I remember the Embraer leaving on the Tuesday last time. Airbus will probably stay the whole time. I don't know which aircraft they will send. Probably a smaller Neo. Wish they would bring the A380 which is really the aircraft the Russians want to see, though I know it will not happen.

I am seriously thinking of buying a media platform ticket.Not sure which will be the better day. Was thinking of the Saturday. That's when they have the most aircraft flying.

How many of you UKAR's are set to go this time?
Unfortunately, despite being one of only 4% of the Canadian population that is fully vaccinated, our government still has not put in place a rule to allow fully vaccinated people to bypass any of the travel restrictions, and since I can't really afford to go away for 10 days + 3 days in transit, and then sit at home for 2 weeks of quarantine, I'm going to be taking a pass this year and planning for 2023.

As for the need to do the media platform. It's not that I disagree that for most of the acts the view from across the river is nearly as good as the view from the media platform, with the exception of the taxiing shots, the opening ceremony flyover, and the helicopters, which are all at least somewhat better, or in the case of the taxiing, take-off, and landing shots really only available from the media platform.

For shots in the sky the pictures are nearly indistinguishable between the two...

This is from across the river:

2019 In Review-42 by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

This is from the media platform:

2019 In Review-45 by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

But you get some pretty fun shots from the media platform that are certainly not available from across the river like this:

SU-35S Takeoff - MAKS 2019 by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Personally...if I had it to do over again I would probably do the platform on the Wednesday or Thursday, try to burn up and down the static line before heading over, and again at the end of the day before departing. That way you avoid the absolutely insane crowds of the show weekend.

Sultan of Wings

Update:

I contacted both the Russian visa services and Aeroflot.
No entry to Russia is allowed to citizens from France at this point due to virus restrictions.
Of course I am sure the Airbus people will get entry.
Simple folks/aviation enthusiasts NIET.

I am peeved.
I guess it will be no MAKS for me this time.
I am NOT happy.

I will see if I can go to Army Expo/Air Cluster 22-28 August
http://avia.rusarmyexpo.com/generalpublic
that is if they lift the restrictions by then.

Berf

Post by Berf »

I would not bank on it...

Sultan of Wings

Berf wrote:
Fri 18 Jun 2021, 12:33 pm
I would not bank on it...
You are most probably right.

https://tass.com/society/1304457
https://tass.com/society/1304429

Andyph

Post by Andyph »

Sultan of Wings wrote:
Fri 18 Jun 2021, 10:40 am
Update:

I am peeved.
I guess it will be no MAKS for me this time.
I am NOT happy.

Can I suggest you get some perspective.
This is the biggest public health crises of the last 100 years.
Millions of people dead - millions more with life changing health problems and billions already with abject poverty and their livelihood serious eroded.
And you are complaining you can't go to an airshow?
Really?
First world problems!

Sultan of Wings

Andyph wrote:
Sun 20 Jun 2021, 9:59 am

Can I suggest you get some perspective.
This is the biggest public health crises of the last 100 years.
Millions of people dead - millions more with life changing health problems and billions already with abject poverty and their livelihood serious eroded.
And you are complaining you can't go to an airshow?
Really?
First world problems!
You did not provide any links.

If the situation was that critical, Russian authorities would have cancelled the air show, the same as it was done with Farnborough, RIAT, Le Bourget. It so happens that they didn't.

Official data
COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
Last updated: June 20, 2021, 12:43 GMT

Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:
Recovered:

Reported Cases and Deaths by Country or Territory
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Covid19 vaccines are available. Take your jabs.