Avalon 2013

Discuss airshows, exercises and spotter days outside of Europe and North America
Red Dragon

Avalon 2013

Post by Red Dragon »

Does anyone know when the first participation lists are released for said show? As its now nearly mid-November, it'd be nice to have a rough idea of what apart from the Australian forces will be there!

Thank in advance!

Captain Skyhawk

Re: Avalon 2013

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

At Farnborough this year, Bell/Boeing said they would be taking V-22 Ospreys to Avalon.
Other than that, I don't know. Avalon otherwise does tend to be a bit samey from year to year.

CS

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Well, I just checked the Avalon website today and here's the first provisional list (with the usual "aircraft may cancel due to operational commitments")

AUSTRALIAN DEFENCE FORCE
RAAF - Royal Australian Air Force
F/A 18 Hornet
F/A 18F Rhino
BAe Hawk 127
KC -30A
C-130 J Hercules
C-17 Globemaster
B-737 BBJ
B-737 Wedgetail
PC-9A
AP-3C Orion
Challenger CL-604
King Air 350
Roulettes Display Team

RAN - Royal Australian Navy
S-70B2 Seahawk
MRH-90
UH1-B Iroquois

ARMY - Royal Australian Army
Aircraft types TBN

FOREIGN MILITARY AIRCRAFT
USAF - United States Air Force USA
To be confirmed

RAF - Royal Air Force UK
KC -30A

RNZAF - Royal New Zealand Air Force
B-757

JSF - Japan Self Defence Forces
KC -767

RSAF - Republic of Singapore Air Force
Super Puma

HISTORIC AIRCRAFT OPERATORS
Temora Aviation Museum
Spitfire Mk VIII
Sabre CA-27
Hudson A-28
Gloster Meteor
CAC Boomerang CA-13

HARS - Historic Aircraft Restoration Society
Lockheed L1049 Constellation
Consolidated Catalina
DHC-4 Caribou

RAAF Museum
Tiger Moth
Sopwith Pup
CA-25 Winjeel
CT-4

Other Aircraft
Canberra
King Air 350
TBM 850 Socata
A-319

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Update today (late in the day, on the Facebook page, not yet on the official web page)

USAF - United States Air Force
F-22 Raptor Demonstration Team
F-16 Falcon Demonstration Team
C-17A Demonstration Team

On the minus side, the JASDF is static for only Tuesday & Wednesday, asumtion is it departs late Wednesday or Thursday

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

I thought the USAF were'nt doing shows outside the continental US, and that they were only displaying the Raptor and the Thunderbirds :question:

Well, good news if this is true, maybe it means that they will attend some more shows outside the US.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Agg wrote:I thought the USAF were'nt doing shows outside the continental US, and that they were only displaying the Raptor and the Thunderbirds :question:

Well, good news if this is true, maybe it means that they will attend some more shows outside the US.

Well the USAF ACC webpage has the F-16 west & east teams, A-10 West & East heritage teams

Here's the link, it does state 2013

http://www.acc.af.mil/aerialevents/

EDIT: Avalon website updated with a couple of other USAF things that we not mentioned yesterday!
B-52H Stratofortress
KC-135 Stratotanker
Predator
F-35A Lightning II (Mock-up)
RQ-4 Global Hawk (Mock-up)

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Red Dragon wrote:
Agg wrote:I thought the USAF were'nt doing shows outside the continental US, and that they were only displaying the Raptor and the Thunderbirds :question:

Well the USAF ACC webpage has the F-16 west & east teams, A-10 West & East heritage teams

EDIT: Avalon website updated with a couple of other USAF things that we not mentioned yesterday!
B-52H Stratofortress
KC-135 Stratotanker
Predator

The only solo display in 2013 is the F-22 Demo Team

If you click the links on the ACC page, the pilots with each team clearly state "2013 Heritage Flight Pilot"

The F-16 and A-10 teams still "exist" but only to provide aircraft/pilots for the heritage flight.

I highly suspect the F-16 display at Avalon is an LM pilot as they are trying to push the F-16V to countries that can't afford the F-35.

Andy

ErrolC

Post by ErrolC »

Has the PACAF F-16 Demo Team (who I understand performed at Avalon 2011) been withdrawn?

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

boff180 wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:

B-52H Stratofortress
KC-135 Stratotanker
Predator

The only solo display in 2013 is the F-22 Demo Team

If you click the links on the ACC page, the pilots with each team clearly state "2013 Heritage Flight Pilot"

The F-16 and A-10 teams still "exist" but only to provide aircraft/pilots for the heritage flight.

I highly suspect the F-16 display at Avalon is an LM pilot as they are trying to push the F-16V to countries that can't afford the F-35.

Andy

All I can say it says on the Avalon Facebook page

So they say its the demo team, maybe they flying in formation with the Meteor & Sabre? However a F-16 dispay is better than NO F-16 display! lol :smile:

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Finally a provisional flying list has been unveiled! Including a the USAF F-22 & C-17 displays and PACAF F-16 display :smile:

http://www.airshow.com.au/airshow2013/public-airshow/aircraft-display/provisional-flying-display-program.html