MAKS 2019

Discuss airshows, exercises and spotter days outside of Europe and North America
Go4Long

Re: MAKS 2019

Post by Go4Long »

Fumbles wrote:
Go4Long wrote:As another question for previous attendees, is it worth it to bring a scanner or not really since most of the chatter would probably be in Russian?

Personally I wouldn't' bring a scanner.. It'll be a useful as a paperweight as the comms will mostly be in Russian unless they have a Foreign visiting team. Plus in all reality.. I'm not even sure if a scanner is allowed in Russia. I did not see a single scanner being used at all in 2017. I left mine in the UK after RIAT last time, I don't fancy a Russian jail cell so didn't take the chance.

Fair enough. I'll leave it at home then.

I did a little searching and based on an older reference it was legal to own a scanner in Russia, but you may or may not require a permit to actually operate it. Regardless, especially coming from North America I won't chance it.

Berf

Post by Berf »

SU57 confirmed for static for 'the first time'

(also flying)

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

Berf wrote:SU57 confirmed for static for 'the first time'

(also flying)

Where you seeing that? I'm still going back and forth between the english and russian sides of the site...

also, for the baller among us, you can get a helicopter from Western Moscow to the show now.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Instagram
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Berf

Post by Berf »

Aviasalon MAKS FB page

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

Excellent thanks...hadn't seen it before.

Was still hoping for a more complete performer listing, but I guess we'll see what takes off.

Berf

Post by Berf »

Well they do say there will be a full and complete listing on the website.... the day before!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

It's annoying as it makes it hard to know whether to shell out for the media platform or not. One or two star items would make it a no brainer, but it could also not be worth the money when you could just go to the bank.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

Berf wrote:Well they do say there will be a full and complete listing on the website.... the day before!

I'm pretty sure in 2017 you only knew what was displaying the day before too.

Wissam24 wrote:It's annoying as it makes it hard to know whether to shell out for the media platform or not. One or two star items would make it a no brainer, but it could also not be worth the money when you could just go to the bank.

I'm on the platform for the Friday, though I will concede it's a luxury and could end up being a massive waste of money! Hopefully it will be worth it just for the take-off shots....

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Thing is if there's anything Chinese in the display, it's worth it!

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

SU-57, SU-30SM, MIG-35, "Fighter Bomber SU-35" all on static and flying.

https://www.aviasalon.com/ru/news/su-57 ... rking-maks

05 August - Su-57 will be demonstrated for the first time in a static parking lot at MAKS-2019

The fifth-generation fighter Su-57 will be demonstrated for the first time at MAKS-2019 both in static parking and in flight, RIA Novosti reports with reference to the press service of the United Aircraft Corporation.

International aerospace showrooms have traditionally become the venue for the presentation of new domestic aviation equipment. So the world premiere of the Su-57, still with the factory index T-50, took place on August 17 at MAKS-2011. Two years later, at the MAKS-2013 was shown aerobatics of a group of three fighters of this type.

In addition to the Su-57, at the static exposition and in the flight display, the enterprises belonging to the UAC will present multipurpose fighters Su-35, Su-30SM and MiG-35, fighter-bomber Su-35, as well as trainers, civilian aircraft and airplanes special purpose ships.

Berf

Post by Berf »

A dreadful FB translation but you get the message:

Eight Historical aircraft will be presented on the exposition of the upcoming air salon max. Three of them will take part in the flight program of the exhibition.

As in previous years, at the static parking lot max-2019 will be able to see the world's first ultra-sound passenger liner tu-144, the plane with the hydrogen engine tu-155 and the carrier of " Burana " VM-T " Atlanta ". Also, the visitors of the air salon will be able to get acquainted with the Soviet fighters and-15 BIS, and-153 "Seagull", Mig-3, MIG-15 and stormtrooper il-2. Not only on earth, But also in the sky will show the aircraft il-2, MIG-3 and MIG-15.

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

Berf wrote:A dreadful FB translation but you get the message:

Eight Historical aircraft will be presented on the exposition of the upcoming air salon max. Three of them will take part in the flight program of the exhibition.

As in previous years, at the static parking lot max-2019 will be able to see the world's first ultra-sound passenger liner tu-144, the plane with the hydrogen engine tu-155 and the carrier of " Burana " VM-T " Atlanta ". Also, the visitors of the air salon will be able to get acquainted with the Soviet fighters and-15 BIS, and-153 "Seagull", Mig-3, MIG-15 and stormtrooper il-2. Not only on earth, But also in the sky will show the aircraft il-2, MIG-3 and MIG-15.

wow that's bad. I get:

https://www.aviasalon.com/ru/news/histo ... -maks-2019

August 4th - Historic aircraft will be presented at MAKS 2019

The exposition of historical aircraft, which will unfold at the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2019, will include eight aircraft. It is expected that three of them will take part in the demonstration flight program.

As in previous years, on the MAKS-2019 static parking lot it will be possible to see the world's first supersonic passenger liner Tu-144, a plane with a Tu-155 hydrogen engine and a Burana carrier BM-T Atlant. Also, visitors to the air show will have the opportunity to get acquainted with the Soviet I-15bis, I-153 Chaika, MiG-3, MiG-15 fighters and the Il-2 attack aircraft.

Fans of Soviet aircraft, who arrived at the MAKS-2019, are waiting for a pleasant surprise. The head of the project “Winged memory of Victory” Boris Osetinsky confirmed that the IL-2 aircraft can be seen not only on the ground, but also in the sky. According to him, the aircraft is fully ready to participate in the MAKS-2019 flight program. In addition, the MiG-3 and MiG-15 planes are announced in the demonstration flight program.

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

Great to see some of the vintage Russian warbirds (even if some are repro's), the MiG-3 and Il-2 are great flying additions for warbird enthusiasts like myself. :smile:

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

MiG-3, by God! :rock:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Just in case anyone is thinking about something a bit different I came a cross this ….

https://www.russiaeguide.com/maks-air-show.html

Looks quite pricey but you do get ...
The price includes:
– Bus Transfer to the pier (round trip)
– [b]Breakfast (fried eggs with sausages, tea or coffee, dessert)
– Entrance fees to the MAKS exhibition

I know Ian Allan and others do this but not seen it for individual booking before . Probably cos I haven't looked !

The Su 57 in the statcic should be great. Wonder how close you'll be able to get ?? . I'm hoping, along with all on here no doubt ,for some Chinese participation but nothing on the horizon yet.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

In 2015 we saw the MiG-3 and MiG-29 in formation!

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

spaceward wrote:The Su 57 in the statcic should be great. Wonder how close you'll be able to get ?? . I'm hoping, along with all on here no doubt ,for some Chinese participation but nothing on the horizon yet.

I reckon you'll get close, but there's normally a lot of background clutter which doesn't help for photography, still it'll be nice to see it up close. With the Chinese participating in the Army Games recently you'd hope we would get to see a few items from them!

Wissam24 wrote:In 2015 we saw the MiG-3 and MiG-29 in formation!

Fingers crossed for something like that again, maybe a MiG-35 this time.... :whistle:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

jalfrezi wrote:
spaceward wrote:The Su 57 in the statcic should be great. Wonder how close you'll be able to get ?? . I'm hoping, along with all on here no doubt ,for some Chinese participation but nothing on the horizon yet.

I reckon you'll get close, but there's normally a lot of background clutter which doesn't help for photography, still it'll be nice to see it up close. With the Chinese participating in the Army Games recently you'd hope we would get to see a few items from them!

Wissam24 wrote:In 2015 we saw the MiG-3 and MiG-29 in formation!

Fingers crossed for something like that again, maybe a MiG-35 this time.... :whistle:

Or even a MiG-31 XD

Berf

Post by Berf »

The Long-range wide plane Airbus A350- 900 will take part in the flight program Max-2019 (announced from 27 to 31 August). Also the liner will be presented at the static parking of the exhibition.
MAKS FB translation

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

Berf wrote:The Long-range wide plane Airbus A350- 900 will take part in the flight program Max-2019 (announced from 27 to 31 August). Also the liner will be presented at the static parking of the exhibition.
MAKS FB translation

I've never been an aluminum tube guy, but I have always wanted to see one of those near vertical airliner takeoffs...so I'm actually pretty excited about this.

Berf

Post by Berf »

From the Aviationist:
The Mi-28NE and Ka-52 gunship helicopters will be on display at MAKS, along with the proven and continually updated Mi-17 series. This year the latest Mi-17Sh and Mi-17V-5 updated helicopters will be on display.

In addition to unique helicopter updates and the sure to be sensational Su-57 display, MAKS 2019 will showcase the Ilyushin Il-112V light tactical military transport, the Sukhoi Su-35S and Su-30SM multi-role super-maneuverable tactical aircraft and the light, Yak-130 trainer and counter-insurgency aircraft.

DealerNation

Post by DealerNation »

I'm going to the media platform on Thursday and Friday, and riverside on the weekends. Can't wait for MAKS!!!!!!

AlphaVictor

Post by AlphaVictor »

I like the idea of the media platform but having seen a picture it looks a bit small. Wondering if it gets crowded and ends up in the Russian equivalent of a bun fight?

AV

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

Would all the static be in place on the Thursday? And would you be allowed to cruise through it? Might be a better choice due to the limited airshow than the Sunday for doing statics.