Shackleton WR963 - [Official Topic]

Discussions regarding historic aircraft, restoration and preservation etc
Stagger2

Re: Shackleton WR963 - [Official Topic]

Post by Stagger2 »

May be that was the surprise for 2018 Defendermad .?

Blue_2

Post by Blue_2 »

To partially address the issues regarding communications, take a look at this. It would seem that some of 63's old team are still more interested in trying to create problems for the old girl rather than doing something constructive towards aircraft preservation.

https://www.facebook.com/avro.shackl...type=3&theater

It seems they are best off out of it, confined to being keyboard warriors, and away from such things as screwdrivers and spanners with which they could actually do some real harm to an aircraft.

I just hope no other aircraft group has had the misfortune of saddling themselves with such cretins, for their own good.
Meteor WS788/ Chippy WK640 Restoration Project, YAM
Shack WR963, Coventry
Other types meddled with by request!

IP1960

Post by IP1960 »

Blue_2 wrote:To partially address the issues regarding communications, take a look at this. It would seem that some of 63's old team are still more interested in trying to create problems for the old girl rather than doing something constructive towards aircraft preservation.

https://www.facebook.com/avro.shackl...type=3&theater

It seems they are best off out of it, confined to being keyboard warriors, and away from such things as screwdrivers and spanners with which they could actually do some real harm to an aircraft.

I just hope no other aircraft group has had the misfortune of saddling themselves with such cretins, for their own good.

Yes I was reading the various comments on the FB page earlier. Two sides to every story and all that, and there have clearly been issues in the past, but to do this seems very petty. The gentleman named on there was viewing this forum in the last two hours, so I'd be interested to hear his justification for these actions if true.

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Cannot see the facebook page, thou it does look a shame to be in this situation.
I know that the team looking after her are doing a grand job and feel she is in good hands.
To be honest I was seriously thinking of joining and giving them a hand now i have more time on my hands outside of work.
Think 558 was my last volunteer group many moons ago.
So with the Shack just down the rd from me it would be worth having a look maybe sometime.

Defendermad

Post by Defendermad »

I heard today that the Shackleton Aviation Group haven't filed their accounts with companies house, just like the missing accounts for the Charity Commision! A familiar pattern is emerging here!

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

Shackleton To The Skip!

If this thing ever flies I will eat my hat. An interesting project ruined by amateur hobbyists, and some petty turf war that has more than a whiff of 'pikey' about it. Same guys have been saying for years that the Shack-shaped scrap metal at Long Marston is going to be worked on/shipped out imminently. They've been playing that record for about five years now...

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Think I'll wait until something official.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Think you’ll be waiting a long time
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Well, RichW was logged-on here yesterday & their facebook page appears to be still active ( updated a couple of weeks ago )
Not yet looked to see if there have been any recent updates on the likes of the Flypast forum.
아직도 숨어있다

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Engine runs planned for December, last i heared.

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

vulcan558 wrote:Engine runs planned for December, last i heared.

There's a planned nightshoot on the 8th December with an engine run for £50 a ticket.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

This :

아직도 숨어있다

CJS

Post by CJS »

It's anyone allowed to use the RAF100 logo? I assumed it was for officially affiliated events: branding issues can be quite sensitive sometimes. Maybe this is an RAF supported event though :dunno:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

CJS wrote:It's anyone allowed to use the RAF100 logo?

I've no idea from a legal perspective - would the RAF have gone to the trouble and expense of registering it as an official 'brand' or trademark? Give that it was paid for buy tax payers money I don't see how the RAF can really object and in in 6 weeks it will be consigned to history anyway.

Defendermad

Post by Defendermad »

Well I don't think they are in for following rules and protocols, they appear a law onto themselves. It seems they are good at talking the waffle, but that's it. Why no accounts again? People, including myself have donated money, but have no proof of where it's gone, which legally they are entitled to! It's the most badly run project I've ever known, God knows how many volunteers they've gone through, and how many enemies they've made along the way, let alone the viscous manner they seem to utilise in loading with people who question them.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

So you have an axe to grind, then.
As with similar comments against the likes of VTST, if you have an issue with anything they do, make a formal complaint to the CC

Edited to add.....
Having spent a few minutes googling, the reason for there being no accounts lodged with the CC since 2016 could have something to do with the fact that the 'Shackleton Preservation Trust' ( CC details : http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithoutPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1020951&SubsidiaryNumber=0 ) looks to have ceased to exist in 2016, when ( as per the WR963 website : https://www.avroshackleton.co.uk/about ) it ceased to exist & instead became the 'Shackleton Aviation Group'.
And if you look on the aforementioned SAG website, you'll find no listing of a Registered Charity Number.....all you'll find is the Company Number ( https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10598129 ) so as a guess they aren't registered with the CC any more ( I tried various wildcat searches just in case, but nothing turned up )

Yes, their accounts are overdue with CH....by just over a week.

Edited to add...
The SAG is a Community Interest Company ( CIC ) -- from what I can gather, a CIC isn't & can't be a charity ( https://www.communitycompanies.co.uk/community-interest-companies )
아직도 숨어있다

richw_82

Post by richw_82 »

These kind of responses are why I don't bother updating, as its just not worth the effort. Why pander to what seems to be just a few angry people pursuing some kind of half arsed vendetta on a dying forum..? Those that are genuinely interested know where to go to get news or updates.

Anyway, here's a little info for you. The team that still attend to our Shackleton are just getting on with it, and ignoring the asshattery that keeps attaching itself to anything we do thats percieved to be wrong by self appointed critics or the disenfranchised. So despite all the recent seething behind a keyboard on the Isle of Skye and spreading silly rumours like we're out of fuel, or suggesting the aircraft should be handed over to some people that think they're the remains of the charity that was/is/blew up in their faces - WR963 is serviceable.

All four engines run, pneumatics are fixed, hydraulics are fixed, radio fixed.

The SAG's company accounts have been filed, but not electronically hence the lag. They were two days late when recieved (Nowhere near the 50 or so late VTTS managed with the Charities Commission one year, but why spoil a good conspiracy.). There will never be another SPT account filed, as I think there's next to no chance that it will ever be revived.

Regards,

Rich
Richard Woods
Team leader Avro Shackleton WR963
2009 - 2016
2019 -
http://www.facebook.com/avro.shackleton

NAM Updater

Post by NAM Updater »

Hope that the Dusk Run is a success next month! :up:
Howard Heeley - Newark Air Museum Trustee
Every museum visit counts!
http://newarkairmuseum.org

richw_82

Post by richw_82 »

Thanks Howard! I hope so too. :smile:
Richard Woods
2009 - 2016
2019 -

sdad

Post by sdad »

Two days late is LATE. Why not put them in early, to avoid criticism?

richw_82

Post by richw_82 »

Imagine a world where the Postal Office got things where they were supposed to be on time; especially when you pay for a courier and have it tracked. A lesson's been learned in that using the online filing would probably have been a better bet. But hey, if you want to join those seizing on anything however trivial to continue trying to beat us down, crack on.

The world's going to end, the Shackleton's going to get scrapped, its getting sold to the USA never to be seen again, we're all pikeys... *insert favoured prophecy of impending doom here* etc.

In reality, the worst case scenario is we've incurred a late filing penalty. :shock:
Richard Woods
2009 - 2016
2019 -

sdad

Post by sdad »

It's not trivial. It's the law. How many months were there between the end of your accounting period and the latest date for filing? Why leave it till the last minute?

richw_82

Post by richw_82 »

Yes, it is trivial, as there's no further action. They were late - as you rightly point out according to law. There is a mechanism in place to deal with it and it has been dealt with. It didn't require anyone elses involvement, or opinion. This part of the story is done.

Furthermore, I'm not a Director of the company, and can't be bothered to play proxy for you faux outrage types by running back and forth to those that are; so if you want more info on accounting periods, go ask them yourself.

If you want nuts and bolts Shackleton info, you might get an answer off me.

Otherwise, jog on.
Richard Woods
2009 - 2016
2019 -

sdad

Post by sdad »

richw_82

Post by richw_82 »