Just Jane news

Discussions regarding historic aircraft, restoration and preservation etc
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Just Jane news

Post by Wissam24 »

Hot damn!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

I truly wish them all the best on this one. Always been my favourite aeroplane. :cool:

Defendermad

Post by Defendermad »

It does seem it won't be long until we have 2 flying Lancasters of our own in the UK! I've followed LAHC for a long time in their quest to fly Just Jane and I can honestly say I've never seen such a well thought out and logical approach to the project. Good luck guys, you are nearly there!

nx611_1945

Post by nx611_1945 »

GertrudetheMerciless

Post by GertrudetheMerciless »

It's worth getting March's Aeroplane (Monthly). It contains a very interesting interview with Andrew Panton about the current work, survey and plan of action over the next few years. :smile:

st24

Post by st24 »

GertrudetheMerciless wrote:It's worth getting March's Aeroplane (Monthly). It contains a very interesting interview with Andrew Panton about the current work, survey and plan of action over the next few years. :smile:

I don't believe a word said. There's no mention of a move to Leeds-Bradford, a new temporary-permanent hangar, a £30m heritage café/gift shop being built and no accounts displayed so as I can scrutinise exactly how many lattes and pringles were claimed for in expenses. And what about that alleged ground roll or that carrier bag incident?!?!!!
I feel a pod cast is needed...I demand the truth!!!!!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

st24 wrote:
GertrudetheMerciless wrote:It's worth getting March's Aeroplane (Monthly). It contains a very interesting interview with Andrew Panton about the current work, survey and plan of action over the next few years. :smile:

I don't believe a word said. There's no mention of a move to Leeds-Bradford, a new temporary-permanent hangar, a £30m heritage café/gift shop being built and no accounts displayed so as I can scrutinise exactly how many lattes and pringles were claimed for in expenses. And what about that alleged ground roll or that carrier bag incident?!?!!!

http://www.airshows.co.uk/podcast/

Episode 3... :biggrin:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

st24

Post by st24 »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
st24 wrote:

http://www.airshows.co.uk/podcast/

Episode 3... :biggrin:

5 years old?! Fake news...! :-X
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

Any updates on this?
2020 - RIAT, Blackpool & Southport

Ant.H

Post by Ant.H »

There's a gent who makes frequent visits to EK and puts "video diary" style updates on YouTube on what seems an almost weekly basis. Great way to follow progress, almost rivet by rivet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2khBK ... IxxvxT-DdA

I've also had a members email in my inbox this morning confirming that the centre is still open, although there may need to be changes made to the restoration plan for next winter depending on how long the COVID19 disruption continues.

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

Ant.H wrote:There's a gent who makes frequent visits to EK and puts "video diary" style updates on YouTube on what seems an almost weekly basis. Great way to follow progress, almost rivet by rivet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2khBK ... IxxvxT-DdA

I've also had a members email in my inbox this morning confirming that the centre is still open, although there may need to be changes made to the restoration plan for next winter depending on how long the COVID19 disruption continues.

Thanks mate will check it out!
2020 - RIAT, Blackpool & Southport