'Plane savers' and 'Night Fright'

Discussions regarding historic aircraft, restoration and preservation etc
Andover

'Plane savers' and 'Night Fright'

Post by Andover »

Just wondered if anyone is keenly following these projects? I only found out about Plane savers the other week (Youtube). Mikey McBryan from 'Ice pilots' is restoring a DC-3 to fly in Montreal on D-Day. And a team at Coventry are restoring another one (C-47) called 'Night fright' - with a big announcement imminent...https://www.facebook.com/TheNightFright ... onProject/

Stagger2

Re: 'Plane savers' and 'Night Fright'

Post by Stagger2 »

Sooo, possibly not the announcement people were hoping for? A short piece on the 'Night Fright' Project featured on BBC South Today several weeks back showing that even with the help of legendary Guy 'Vulcan-driver' Martin there is still about another 12 months work to return to flight status. I'm sure it will be great when it happens & there are plenty more D-Day Anniversaries to come. Keep up the good work!. :clap:

craig.mason

Post by craig.mason »

I watch plane savers every morning its amazing how its gone from an abandoned airframe to a fully functional one that's going to be flown on 6th june all through the hard work of the volunteers "Uncle Ronnie" and staff and students at ÉCOLE NATIONALE D’AÉROTECHNIQUE
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM

Tbolt

Post by Tbolt »

I've watched every episode of Plane Saver from the first day and really enjoy it. It's amazing what you can do relatively cheaply with help from people. Night Fright is such an impressive restoration so I'm keenly following her.

craig.mason

Post by craig.mason »

Well the guys and gals at plane savers did it
https://youtu.be/WxgAppEPk7A
:yahoo: :yahoo:
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM

IP1960

Post by IP1960 »

Whilst not quite in the same category of restoration of Night Fright, the old Air Atlantique G-ANAF flew a test flight on Thursday also at CVT.

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy »

I'm one of the restoration team members working on Night Fright, an original C-47 Skytrain flown by the 79th Troop Carrier Squadron, 436th Troop Carrier Group stationed at Membury Airfield.

We have a revamped website:

www.night-fright.com

Plus you can follow progress on the Facebook page, the Night Fright C-47 Restoration Project.

Cheers,
Neil.
Why so serious?