FRIAT tickets and others, Any news when they are out?

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
ianf

FRIAT tickets and others, Any news when they are out?

Post by ianf »

Hi with the show less than a month away, Could anyone at RIAT give us an idea when the FRIAT tickets will be sent out? Being 3 years I have forgotten when they send them?
Same with the Kempsford camp site, anyone know when they are being sent too? It is starting to feel like it will happen, so any info would be appreciated.

Ian
Last edited by ianf on Sun 19 Jun 2022, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victor XL231 Lusty Lindy, crew chief.
Our face book page. https://www.facebook.com/LustyLindy231/?ref=bookmarks

ianf

Re: FRIAT tickets and others

Post by ianf »

To the person who PM me, thanks for your reply. It wont allow me to Pm you back. On Kempsford, I did receive confirmation last October. I sent a message on their website a month ago with no reply. With it not being Clive running it I do not know what is happening. Good to hear from you and yes we are all well ty.

frank

Re: FRIAT tickets and others, Any news when they are out?

Post by frank »

A bit off topic.
In the the past we could pick up FRIAT application forms for the following year at the Blue Gate before we moved down to the P&V on either the Wednesday or Thursday without going to the FRIAT grandstand.
Will that still be the case this year I wonder

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

Wendy has said she is putting the packs together, when she posted a couple of days ago she was half way through. Once she has finished they will dispatched
Wendy Toms-Friat
I am in the process of packing all the friat passes now - about half way through then all UK passes will be in the post - due to delays with overseas post overseas customers will be sent an e-ticket to use until they can get to the enclosure to collect their passes
Gary

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

ianf wrote:
Sun 19 Jun 2022, 8:52 am
Hi with the show less than a month away, Could anyone at RIAT give us an idea when the FRIAT tickets will be sent out? Being 3 years I have forgotten when they send them?
Same with the Kempsford camp site, anyone know when they are being sent too? It is starting to feel like it will happen, so any info would be appreciated.

Ian
Someone asked the same thing on FB the other day and they said they would be posting the packs out this week-ish. Hopefully with us soon!

ianf

Post by ianf »

Thanks both of you for your reply's Good to hear. I was not too concerned on FRIAT, just could not remember when they arrive. The Kempsford one seems more vague, I am hearing maybe no tickets being sent out? No communication by the site is a little worrying.

Ian

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

ianf wrote:
Wed 22 Jun 2022, 12:12 pm
Thanks both of you for your reply's Good to hear. I was not too concerned on FRIAT, just could not remember when they arrive. The Kempsford one seems more vague, I am hearing maybe no tickets being sent out? No communication by the site is a little worrying.

Ian
They are definitely leaving it a little late! I wouldn't be surprised if it was all done by email to be honest, but we'll see. I have spoken to them recently to add people to my pitch and all was good. :)

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Think generally tickets were being sent out 2 weeks before the show, whether this is to reduce the number of people trying to sell on tickets (as it'll be more last minute)?
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

Jonnym

Post by Jonnym »

G-CVIX wrote:
Wed 22 Jun 2022, 12:38 pm
They are definitely leaving it a little late! I wouldn't be surprised if it was all done by email to be honest, but we'll see. I have spoken to them recently to add people to my pitch and all was good. :)
Ah, that would be terrible. The day that pack drops through my door with the passes and info - that's the riat countdown for me. Email would kill the vibe! :sweat_smile:

ianf

Post by ianf »

Tonight I received an E-mail from Kempsford. I've pasted it below. Looks like things are moving at last! :grinning:

Dear Campers,
After a couple of false starts, we are very much looking forward to welcoming you all to the campsite this year! Many thanks to those who have rolled over bookings and we hope that you all will enjoy what is shaping up to be an action packed RIAT this year!

Check In Procedure
The campsite will be opening at 7am on Monday 11th July and check-in will be available every day that week from 7am until 11pm. On Friday we will remain open until everyone has arrived.

You will be checked in electronically on the gate with your booking reference and car registration number. You will be issued with a coloured wristband and car pass which will mark your departure day. Please have these on display at all times to allow the gate staff to check you back in easily if you leave the site. Our bookings system will generate an automatic reminder email of your reservation approximately 10 days before your arrival date if you are not sure of your reservation number. You'll also receive a second copy the day before your arrival.

The campsite entrance will be clearly marked from the postcode GL7 4HE along Top Road, which runs parallel with the air base fence. This is the only entrance route and there will be NO ACCESS through the village of Dunfield.

There will be the usual one way system in place around the villages of Dunfield and Kempsford during the weekend of the show, and if you are leaving on the Saturday or Sunday, you will need to leave after 12pm once the show traffic has arrived. We are aware there are a couple of people that need to leave at different times and we will help you to exit on time.
Find FAQs & Directions here

General Rules
We ensure you read our Terms and Conditions for any questions regarding barbeques, pets, generators etc. You can find them on our website here.

Please can we ask all campers to respect the local residents and not stray into the buffer zones which provides a boundary between the pitches and their gardens.

EHU
With regards to those who are booked onto an EHU pitch, we are using a new supplier this year. They are a local company who provide hook-up to many local festivals and events. They have asked us to issue you with the following information:

The hook-up is a standard Caravan 16amp C form socket, rated at 5amps only.
You can run 1250 watts on this hook-up – any more and you will trip out your direct neighbours as 2 pitches will be sharing a 10amp breaker in the fuse box

Please DO NOT run standard household kettles or toasters (which typically run at 2500/3000 watts each) off this feed as it will trip the supply.

Please bring a long lead or 2 so you can connect to the box. We will have some spares available to hire if you forget but these will be charged for.

Bar/Entertainment/Catering
George Ellis of Outside Inn will open a beer tent from the Monday evening at 6pm. This will be open every day from 12pm until Midnight.

There will be electric charging points within the bar for camera batteries and mobile phones.

There will be live music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
There will be a number of different local food concessions open all week including the Cotswold Chippy, Gilo’s Burgers and Breakfasts, a Hot Dog stand, Annie’s Thai Kitchen and Dexter’s Coffee and Cakes. Ella’s Shop will be selling essentials such as milk, bread and newspapers from Wednesday 13th until the following Monday. You can find more info here.

Shop Opening Times
Wednesday: 8.30 – 19.30
Thursday: 8.00 – 21.00
Friday/Saturday/Sunday: 7.30 – 22.00
Monday: 8.30 – 12.00

We very much look forward to hosting you all for the week and we hope you will have an enjoyable stay!

Best wishes,
Adam and Jo

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

I can't say I'm a huge fan of those food options as I thought the pizzas were a great shout in the previous years. Also there's no mention of catering inside the tent as previously there has been, and no mention of what the live music is. Still, I'm very much looking forward to my stay. Hopefully it's the same old Kempsford under the new management.

I must say, receiving the information via email doesn't create the same buzz of anticipation but I suppose it is a little better for the planet.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Read last week that email seems to be more damaging to the environment than old fashioned mail on paper. The amount of energy used by the datacenters that store the emails before they are downloaded or deleted is enormous, also the water they use for cooling is disposed off right into the sea or canals making even more damage to the environment! Also most postal companies nowadays have more environmentally acceptable working procedures then earlier (although some are laughable, working for Dutch PostNL, during the lockdown we were told that the company would gradually start a more environmental friendly way of working. They don't want to exhaust any CO2 during the complete process. As to achieve this, we are told not to breathe during working hours, as that also contributes to the CO2 issue. Unfortunately, this is serious)
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Mail from Wendy today saying 'Hopefully, they will be sending out e-tickets, next week'.
Got to love Russianhardware

Berf

Post by Berf »

'Hopefully' - hope they remember some of us are coming from abroad, leave days before the event and don't have such easy access for printing out things or have a desire to totally rely on the mobile phone.

IP1960

Post by IP1960 »

HeyfordDave111 wrote:
Tue 28 Jun 2022, 12:08 pm
Mail from Wendy today saying 'Hopefully, they will be sending out e-tickets, next week'.
E-tickets for FRIAT? What happened to the packs that Wendy said were being put together last week for posting?

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

IP1960 wrote:
Tue 28 Jun 2022, 1:44 pm
HeyfordDave111 wrote:
Tue 28 Jun 2022, 12:08 pm
E-tickets for FRIAT? What happened to the packs that Wendy said were being put together last week for posting?
As posted near the top of this thread, people in the UK seemingly will still have packs. Over-seas people travelling to RIAT will get an E-Ticket and be able to pick up their pack on arrival
I am in the process of packing all the friat passes now - about half way through then all UK passes will be in the post - due to delays with overseas post overseas customers will be sent an e-ticket to use until they can get to the enclosure to collect their passes

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

UK peeps who have booked for the show ( normal non FRIAT) will apparently get e-tickets as i understand it.
Got to love Russianhardware

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

HeyfordDave111 wrote:
Tue 28 Jun 2022, 5:26 pm
UK peeps who have booked for the show ( normal non FRIAT) will apparently get e-tickets as i understand it.
I live in The Netherlands,and apparently I am also getting an E-ticket,non FRIAT.

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

According to a post on the infamous RIAT nutters. FRIAT passes have been posted today
Gary

bishbashbosh

Post by bishbashbosh »

My FRIAT pass has just arrived via the post. :grinning:
2024 shows: Abingdon, Cosford, Sywell, RIAT, Zeltweg with a couple of Duxford and Shutteworth shows thrown into the mix.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Can anyone remember if Viewing village tickets / wristbands etc posted or if you pick them up on the day? Also, can you download tickets from your account on the website (my dad's not always good at checking his emails but I seem to remember you can access the tickets from your order details online?)
Thanks
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

mavvymoo

Post by mavvymoo »

I am happy to announce the arrival of our FRIAT passes, and a sizeable promotion to row C!
Famed for appearing to put my foot in it, read my post with the voice of Stewie Griffin if it offended you first time

CJS

Post by CJS »

CJS wrote:
Wed 29 Jun 2022, 9:51 am
Can anyone remember if Viewing village tickets / wristbands etc posted or if you pick them up on the day? Also, can you download tickets from your account on the website (my dad's not always good at checking his emails but I seem to remember you can access the tickets from your order details online?)
Thanks
Question answered elsewhere from various sources (thanks various sources...). Tickets are emailed and also available via account on the Tattoo website. Viewing Village tickets also emailed or can be accessed via the website. Emails should be on the way later this week.
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

ianf

Post by ianf »

Well one of my questions answered. My Ticket arrived this morning. I have maintained my appearance on the top row since the early 2000! 14 days to my arrival!

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

A148 - I actually asked for Row B as last time I was row A, I found people leaned out past each other to see down the runway, creating a Mexican wave and obscuring the view. Regardless, let's give it another go! The letter basically states that all information will be emailed, including the grandstand layout, but I haven't received anything yet.