The Historic Helicopters Thread

Discussions regarding historic aircraft, restoration and preservation etc
Mike

The Historic Helicopters Thread

Post by Mike »

A bit of cheer at a generally depressing time, the Historic Helicopters Sea King HAR3 made its first flight from Chard earlier today. A huge well-done to the team there, it now joins their flyable Whirlwind and Wessex, with a Junglie Sea King and an Army Lynx up next.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FarnboroJohn

Re: Sea King flies

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Mike wrote:A bit of cheer at a generally depressing time, the Historic Helicopters Sea King HAR3 made its first flight from Chard earlier today. A huge well-done to the team there, it now joins their flyable Whirlwind and Wessex, with a Junglie Sea King and an Army Lynx up next.

https://www.facebook.com/15591002975051 ... /?vh=e&d=n

XZ597? That's a familiar serial from way back, I probably have wet film pictures of her. How lovely that she's back up.

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

Great news - choppers set piece RIAT 2021?
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Congratulations to all the team. Let's hope that thier efforts can be seen this year and next.

aviationanoraks

Post by aviationanoraks »

Congratulations to the team, after watching the latest Warbird Workshop featuring their Wessex they do seem to be a very passionate group.
Brightened up my day knowing the Sea King has flown.

Paulish

Post by Paulish »

That’s a very impressive restoration to flight for what must be complex machine. Congratulations to the team. She looks immaculate too!

Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

Excellent news.
Ken

Mike Dodd

Post by Mike Dodd »

Well done to all involved , a huge achievement!

CJS

Post by CJS »

Indeed. As I may have mentioned on here before, I'm no fan of helicopters particularly, but I am a fan of historic aviation, so this is super cool.

Congratulations to all involved :up: :clap:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Their Junglie HC4 is also now ready for test flying. :love: :love:

[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/1559100297505145/posts/2904609186287576/?vh=e&d=n[/fb-post]

Cole

Post by Cole »

That Was Quick :clap: :yahoo:
Canon 800D & Sigma 150-600 C
Dudley, West Midlands

Shows I'm Attending in 2020:

Well Um..

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Worth pointing out that Historic Helicopters have recently set up a membership scheme for those of us who may be able to support their tremendous work getting these aircraft back into the air.
All the details available on their website: https://www.historichelicopters.com/Pages/39/Become-a-Member.html

aviationanoraks

Post by aviationanoraks »

Excellent news again!

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Brilliant news, I look forward to seeing them next year :)

Ponsibleaut

Post by Ponsibleaut »

yes. hopefully the next year will see them fly. sadly this year, i doubt we would see anything at all. https://delicerecipes.com/glazed-keto-cheese-stuffed-chicken-breasts-with-bacon/
Last edited by Ponsibleaut on Fri 05 Jun 2020, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyholt

Post by flyholt »

Well.... we are still hoping to stage the Abingdon show on August bank holiday Monday. The sands are beginning to shift slightly. Paul at the CAA has done some excellent work regarding pilot's display authorisations and currency. All those whose DA's run out between March and 31st Oct will remain in force and provided they receive a briefing from their DAE & fly a routine no longer than 30 days prior to any show, they can participate. Guidance could quite possibly emerge soon re holding outdoor events. This year's Abbo is primarily a helmet and the SAR Sea King HAR3 is a definite should it go ahead, we may see the Jungli one as well - not forgetting the Wessex - great support from Historic Heli's
CLEAREDTODISPLAY

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Good News, but I remain very doubtful of any 'large gatherings' this side of 2021.
The "social factor" of Duxford's provisions for a potential 80th BoB show in September 2020 are both laudable & laughable at the same time!
PS:-I've done a few Helimeets previously, but never a 'Helmet' ?? Gotta love predictive/spellcheck assistance!

flyholt

Post by flyholt »

Stagger2 wrote:
Sun 17 May 2020, 12:40 pm
Good News, but I remain very doubtful of any 'large gatherings' this side of 2021.
The "social factor" of Duxford's provisions for a potential 80th BoB show in September 2020 are both laudable & laughable at the same time!
PS:-I've done a few Helimeets previously, but never a 'Helmet' ?? Gotta love predictive/spellcheck assistance!
Whoops! Sad news is however that on the day that Abingdon should have originally been held which was yesterday (17th May - and wasn't the weather great - damn) the decision was taken to cancel the revised date of 31st August. Please come and support us on Sunday 16th May 2021. It's looking like we'll be the first show since the Autumn of 2019, a gap of 19.5 months !!! Watch for tickets going on sale.
CLEAREDTODISPLAY

sdad

Post by sdad »

If you speak with authority, please state what that authority is. "We" is insufficient if the reader does not know who "we" are. The staff have already made this point to everyone. I really don't know why they won't enforce it.

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk »

sdad wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020, 11:21 am
If you speak with authority, please state what that authority is. "We" is insufficient if the reader does not know who "we" are. The staff have already made this point to everyone. I really don't know why they won't enforce it.
Get over yourself, you have been on this forum long enough to know that FlyHolt talks with authority and even if he didn't he is talking about a cancellation which is a binary response that a 10 second look at the event web site would confirm. There are far more important things to get concerned about it.

sdad

Post by sdad »

In fact, I have never noticed the ID before but the lack of transparency would affect everybody, not just me. As for the cancellation, the word "we" appears in his/her earlier post!

Oldtower

Post by Oldtower »

Flyholt is one of my Air Traffic Controllers for our Abingdon Airshow / Country Show - Neil, Event Organiser.

flyholt

Post by flyholt »

"If you speak with authority, please state what that authority is. "We" is insufficient if the reader does not know who "we" are. The staff have already made this point to everyone. I really don't know why they won't enforce it."

"In fact, I have never noticed the ID before but the lack of transparency would affect everybody, not just me. As for the cancellation, the word "we" appears in his/her earlier post!"

Coo! God struth - now you know why I only post very rarely on this site!
Thanks Neil & Tomahawk for throwing me a lifebelt!
CLEAREDTODISPLAY

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk »

No worries Flyholt, you and I once had a bit of a disagreement on this very forum when you had reason to make your authority on airshow matters very clear, in fact I think it ended with you calling me an 'a**e' :grinning:

Shame you don't post more often, but I can see why you might not, we are a strange bunch.