Canadian Tempest

Discussions regarding historic aircraft, restoration and preservation etc
cgwilson

Canadian Tempest

Post by cgwilson »

I posted a link to the Canadian Typhoon restoration a while back - lets look at a Canadian Tempest one now - great progress! Who do you think will fly first? This one - Richard Grace or Kermit Weeks?

https://www.facebook.com/Hawker-Tempest ... 4464230509

Mike

Re: Canadian Tempest

Post by Mike »

Neither of Kermit’s Tempests are ever likely to fly under his ownership. The project has effectively been abandoned (like the Spitfire return to flight, getting the B-25 back in the air, the Benoist, the 2 DH-4s, and many more). Andy Salter, who was leading the restoration, retired and moved away and the two Tempests were boxed up and put away into deep storage a couple of years ago.

With the sad death of Nelson Ezell on Sunday, the future of his Tempest rebuild at Breckinridge is now uncertain. There is also one with Chris Miller near Houston in Texas, although it has been worked on for about 8 years now progress has been limited.

TEXANTOMCAT

Post by TEXANTOMCAT »

The Air Leasing machine is pretty far advanced - I'd put my bet on it being first and also being the star of Flying Legends 2021 along with PT's Ruskispit

TT

Mike

Post by Mike »

PT and Flying Legends. An ‘interesting’ concept. :rofl:

TEXANTOMCAT

Post by TEXANTOMCAT »

Yep I know...:)
PT is a mate - and a good mate of Sywell !

TT

Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Project update - the Canadian Tempest MW376 is currently in the paint booth at KF Aero. Hopefully should be completed and wheeled out next week.

K5054NZ

Post by K5054NZ »

Mark V wrote:
Thu 03 Mar 2022, 9:31 am
Project update - the Canadian Tempest MW376 is currently in the paint booth at KF Aero. Hopefully should be completed and wheeled out next week.
I've been watching and waiting - I built and painted a Matchbox Tempest Mk.II after she arrived in NZ but decided to hold off on decals until she was completed...due to later events it's been waiting for decals (and now a repaint!) ever since.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates