4 days at Tanagra

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
alnewhaven

4 days at Tanagra

Post by alnewhaven »

Some of those I have processed so far. These are all from Saturday, bit different to my other option that weekend at Leuchars

Last edited by alnewhaven on Sat 20 Sep 2008, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dollar99

Re: 4 days at Tanagra

Post by Dollar99 »

Nice ones mate. :clap: No YS-11 then? :tongue:

scotthldr

Post by scotthldr »

What? Leuchars was an option to Tanagra, no contest is there really :grin: Excellent photos, love those A7's got to see them once more before they disappear for good :sad:

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

There will be, somewhere :).

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

scotthldr wrote:What? Leuchars was an option to Tanagra, no contest is there really :grin: Excellent photos, love those A7's got to see them once more before they disappear for good :sad:

Well not having seen the Vulcan this time round, and tanagra
almost being identical to last time it was considered briefly. (as was derek riordans return to Easter Rd...even more briefly :grin:)

Ultimately opted for sun, SLUFs & Tooms

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

Some more mainly Tooms and A-7s. These are from the departure day on Monday.

Last edited by alnewhaven on Sat 20 Sep 2008, 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

A-7s

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

Some overseas guests

Still got F-16s, Mirage 2Ks ( was getting bored of them by the end of the day!) T-2s and yes, the YS-11 if anybodys interested

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Nice and rare pictures, but you ruin them with editing. The compression is to high, there are already BIG artefacts of compression visible. Also contrast and other things should be adjusted. The pictures look out of a pocket cam with bad editing at the moment to be honest. :question:

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

Valid points, thanks ...I did use high compression to try and keep the file size down but clearly overdid it.

Hans Rolink

Post by Hans Rolink »

Hi there,
Besides the editing which can be redone, that looks nice!
Having been to Tanagra myself as well, that looks like you have been on base on Monday. Was that by prior arrangement or something?

Cheers,
Hans.

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

Hans Rolink wrote:Hi there,
Besides the editing which can be redone, that looks nice!
Having been to Tanagra myself as well, that looks like you have been on base on Monday. Was that by prior arrangement or something?

Cheers,
Hans.

Thanks Hans

Will reupload these, possibly tonight. The first batch I thought were coming out over compressed as Flickr insists on resizing to 500pixel. My Greek contacts had arranged base access for Monday although nothing was 100% for me as a non Greek until Monday morning. Fortunatelyeverything went smoothly ( unlike the Friday when we were kicked off the base after overstaying our welcome by 40 minutes to catch the arrivals. Lots of animated conversations in Greek with me wondering if I was going to act out my own version of the Kalamta incident a few years back!)

Alastair

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

OK, got in last night and first thing I noticed was that the appearance of the images was markedly different to viewing them on my PC at work. So first thing was to recalibrate my monitor. I've also reworked the pics and used less compression on them so hopefuly an improvement?

PREDATOR28

Post by PREDATOR28 »

I would be pleased if u could show us some photos of F-16s and Mirage 2000s... :) Thank u!
H.A.F ΑΙΕΝ ΥΨΙΚΡΑΤΕΙΝ . . .

Dollar99

Post by Dollar99 »

Was well worth the extra work :clap: Look a million times better now. Should have abandoned the family and come with you :biggrin:

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

Apologies for reviving an old thread but have got around to working through more of departures and some of the Sunday.

And apologies also for the A-7/F-4 bias, there seem to be a few of them .

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

umea4

Post by umea4 »

Wow! What an amazing collection. Those A7s are something - love the low shot with the motion blur behind. But all beautiful aircraft. Thanks for posting so many.
:clap: :clap:

Anthony.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

The report in this months Aircraft Illustrated suggests that Tanagra is near Athens - if that is true, and flights available I'm wondering how easy it might be to make the proposed show next year - any advice? - public transport etc.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

alnewhaven

Post by alnewhaven »

iainpeden wrote:The report in this months Aircraft Illustrated suggests that Tanagra is near Athens - if that is true, and flights available I'm wondering how easy it might be to make the proposed show next year - any advice? - public transport etc.

Its about an hour from Athens. I'm not sure how well served Tanagra is by public transport from there, I was staying in Chalkida about 30 minutesaway by bus, although as I was with locals and we drove on to the base, I can't say how easy it would be solely by public transport. I got the impression it wasa good walk from the bus stop.

I noticed AI were mentioning a show next year, however, the HAF had indicated in 2005 that it would be biennial, only for nothing to happen in '07. I'd refrain from booking anything you couldn't then cancel, until next years is definitely confirmed. Going by previous, that will probably be next June!

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL »

My understanding is that the runway at tanagra will be up next year with based Mirages operating from the taxyway and the proposed show will be held elsewhere. Araxos was mentioned!

Rotor

Post by Rotor »

Theres a Rail Station closeish to Tanagra
The locals were just crossing the line as it were the road when we visited.

No wonder the train drivers were blasting there horns through the station and beyond.
There were no bridges or under passes at the station also