Did someone said ... AXALP!

Switch to full style
Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Post a reply

Did someone said ... AXALP!

Mon 09 Nov 2009, 9:35 pm

Since this is my first post on this forum so let me say hello to all of you ladies and gents. This are my favorite shots from this year's Axalp presentation.

Enjoy.

01.

Image

02.

Image

03.

Image

04.

Image

05.

Image

06.

Image

07.

Image

08.

Image

09.

Image

10.

Image

11.

Image

12.

Image

13.

Image

14.

Image

15.

Image
Last edited by sfw on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Mon 09 Nov 2009, 9:38 pm

Welcome to UKAR and what a great first post. Got to be some of the best Puma shots ever seen on here and the rest are rather tasty too. :topbombing: :topbombing:

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Mon 09 Nov 2009, 9:39 pm

:shock:

I think we could fill up the Picture of the Week with this thread alone!

Slow shutter ones of the Cougar in particular are immense! :topbombing:

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Mon 09 Nov 2009, 9:46 pm

Welcome!!

Nice shots to begin with.
Really love those rotorblur shots!

Best regards, Rob

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Mon 09 Nov 2009, 10:44 pm

Good grief they are stunners great panning, loving the rotor blur on the Puma :drool: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Mon 09 Nov 2009, 10:48 pm

Holy Moly on that rotor blur!!!
The best i have ever seen for such crisp shots too...

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Mon 09 Nov 2009, 11:10 pm

I think a prize for the best shots of the year should go to you! Absaloutly stunning shutter speed work, god knows how you managed to get them that sharp with so much Rotor Blur! Some Beautifuly captured backgrounds as well in your Jet shots.

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the board!

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Tue 10 Nov 2009, 9:34 am

Excellent and welcome.Super introduction and agree with all the comments on your shutter speed work. You must be a surgeon in your full time job or have something strapped on your shoulder...... :clap:

Regards, Ian

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Tue 10 Nov 2009, 9:52 am

Whoah, brave man with the shutter speeds! The Cougar shot is awesome. Welcome aboard! :clap: :shock:

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Tue 10 Nov 2009, 9:53 am

Panning par excellence!

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Tue 10 Nov 2009, 10:35 am

Amazing!

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Tue 10 Nov 2009, 10:43 am

Sam Dodd wrote:... god knows how you managed to get them that sharp with so much Rotor Blur!


There is no magic behind it, just ... practice. BTW shutter speed was not that slow, around 1/20 to 1/8s handheld.
And thanks for kind words.

Andy
Last edited by sfw on Tue 10 Nov 2009, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Tue 10 Nov 2009, 10:44 am

sfw wrote:
Sam Dodd wrote:... god knows how you managed to get them that sharp with so much Rotor Blur!

There is no magic behind it, just ... practice. BTW shutter speed was not that slow, around 1/20 to 1/8s handheld.
And thanks for kind words.

Andy


That's slow to me! I tried a bit of 1/8 with my 50D/400mm L combo at the weekend. It...did not end well. :grin:

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Tue 10 Nov 2009, 11:00 am

EMarsh wrote:
sfw wrote:
Sam Dodd wrote:... god knows how you managed to get them that sharp with so much Rotor Blur!

There is no magic behind it, just ... practice. BTW shutter speed was not that slow, around 1/20 to 1/8s handheld.
And thanks for kind words.

Andy


That's slow to me! I tried a bit of 1/8 with my 50D/400mm L combo at the weekend. It...did not end well. :grin:


So now what you have to do is ... practice! :wink: If you patient enough you can make it. From my experience, I can keep steady my combo (1DMKIII+300/4+TCx2) up to 1/8s handheld.

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Tue 10 Nov 2009, 11:02 am

sfw wrote:
EMarsh wrote:
sfw wrote:
Sam Dodd wrote:... god knows how you managed to get them that sharp with so much Rotor Blur!

There is no magic behind it, just ... practice. BTW shutter speed was not that slow, around 1/20 to 1/8s handheld.
And thanks for kind words.

Andy


That's slow to me! I tried a bit of 1/8 with my 50D/400mm L combo at the weekend. It...did not end well. :grin:


So now what you have to do is ... practice! :wink: If you patient enough you can make it. From my experience, I can keep steady my combo (1DMKIII+300/4+TCx2) up to 1/8s handheld.


Indeed, unfortunately I've only been able to use the 400mm on two occasions during the summer. I plan to get in some practice during the winter, ready for next season. I'm confident that I can knock down the shutter speeds without compromising quality...eventually. :biggrin:

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Tue 10 Nov 2009, 11:22 am

8, 9, 14 & 15 for me. Well done on your slow shutter work!

:clap: :clap:

TJ

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Tue 10 Nov 2009, 11:26 am

The rotor blur is fantastic on the Helos, some really excellent slow shutter speed work thanks for posting. :topbombing:

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Tue 10 Nov 2009, 7:30 pm

1, 8 and 9 get my vote - nice work!! :clap:

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Wed 11 Nov 2009, 11:35 am

Thanks for all nice comments. BTW, I'm not sure if you noticed on nbr 05, I know it is not the best shot of F-5 in the world, but there are two bullets just in front of the aircraft which just left guns.

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Wed 11 Nov 2009, 12:15 pm

Great shots. Have to agree with of the previous comments.

Like the effect on the porter.

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Wed 11 Nov 2009, 1:31 pm

All I can say is.............. WOW! :clap:

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Wed 11 Nov 2009, 2:01 pm

Welcome to the board!

A quite outstanding set of photos :clap: :clap: :clap: I can only echo all the other plaudits about the slow shutter speed work. Superb.

Andy :smile:

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Wed 11 Nov 2009, 2:20 pm

First of all welcome to UKAR!!!

These are brilliant, I think the second one is my favourite :clap: :clap: :topbombing: :clap:

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Wed 11 Nov 2009, 5:25 pm

That is a fantastic first post SFW :clap: :clap:
All we need now is a "How slow (shutter speed) can you get?" thread.

Re: Did someone said ... AXALP!

Wed 11 Nov 2009, 5:28 pm

Excellent panning work, some of the best rotary shots I have seen on here :clap:
Post a reply