Radom- A Tribute

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Rag

Radom- A Tribute

Post by Rag »

On 30th August the two pilots of a Belarus SU-27 were killed when their aircraft crashed during a display at the Radom Airshow in Poland. They were not reckless idiots as some suggested at the time but were both fullblown Colonels in the airforce and experienced pilots. The next day the locals said they stayed with their stricken aircraft to guide it away from a built-up area and that it crashed 6 Kilometres from the airfield. Our thoughts are with their families at this special time.
I was priveliged to watch their practice on Friday and these shots were taken then apart from the first three which are the take-off sequence on their last flight

F-86

Re: Radom- A Tribute

Post by F-86 »

Very nice set, a nice tribute. :clap: :clap:

XP282

Post by XP282 »

Very nicely done rag.
I was there on Sunday, and there's not a day goes by when i dont think about those guys... :sad: I still find it terrible sad to think that they lost their lives trying to entertain us.
Nice tribute...

A40-BP

Post by A40-BP »

Those first three shots are stunning! All top class. Its such a tragedy what happened to those two guys. I do not believe for a minute that those two guys were in anyway reckless. If it is the case that they stayed with the A/C to steer it clear of a built up area then they are hero's in my eyes.

A fitting tribute to the two guys. RIP

Thanks for posting.
With dumb bombs and retarded bomblets, why don't they just use stupid missiles?

TLM

Post by TLM »

Very nice tribute, it was a real shame what happened. Some lovely photos, especially the last one.

Tim

jimbob1194

Post by jimbob1194 »

It such a shame when people say that two gifted pilots were doing reckless flying.I mean look at the fantastic handling in here :clap:. I believe that the pictures show that reckless flying is a no go here. R.I.P the two of you.

James
The Mustang won't do what a Spitfire does, but it does it over Berlin.

Monox

Post by Monox »

A few days later, there will be a year that the Belarusian Air Force Su-27UBM lost aircraft and training pilots in the near Radom Małęczyn next to the village. The location near the highway 11/04/2010. memorial was dedicated in their memory. I made some photos of the area, where the machine exploded. The silence was very high ....

Image Image Image Image

Macc

Post by Macc »

That's a fantastic tribute!