Israeli Air Force Graduation Ceremonies - June 2008

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
IrishAirPics

Israeli Air Force Graduation Ceremonies - June 2008

Post by IrishAirPics »

Hi Guys,

As some of you will remember I was at Hatzerim AFB, Israel, in June at the Israeli Air Force Graduation Ceremonies and I posted some pictures on the old UKAR board.

Anyway, I've finally managed to put together a photo report with over 60 pictures from the two days (Tuesday 24th June & Thursday 26th June) and I've included a few pictures below that I don't think I posted on the old board. For those of you who are interested the full report can be found here:

http://www.irishairpics.com/photo-reports/Israeli-Air-Force-Graduation-Ceremonies-June-2008/

Regards,

Frank.

This F-16 was 1 of 4 that flew in a fire power demonstration and dropped all 4 bombs at targets in front of the crowd!

Stonefaction

Re: Israeli Air Force Graduation Ceremonies - June 2008

Post by Stonefaction »

Liking those lowdown wide angle shots. Nice set.

Russ

Post by Russ »

Tremendous. The Ra'am is such a smart looking machine. :clap: :drool: :cool:

Quid59

Post by Quid59 »

Besides that all photos are superb can I ask a silly question please?
Is the F4 still operational with IAF?
Thks

SuffolkBlue

Post by SuffolkBlue »

Agree with the wide angle shots, and the skies!!! Thanks for sharing some interesting pictures :clap:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Stunning work there, Frank! You made the best out of it, you must be a very happy man having experienced this.

IrishAirPics

Post by IrishAirPics »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback, yes it was a great trip, Israeli aircraft look lovely in the paint scheme and the evening lighting was perfect.

As for the Phantom's, they are all out of service now as far as I know, the one in the picture above was wheeled in from the adjacent museum and put on static display. It's one of only 3 operated by the Israeli's, it was specially modified for hi speed, very detailed photo recce, F-4E(S) was the designation and to quote Wiki:

...Israel employed three F-4E(S), which were equipped with a special high-altitude camera system (HIAC) for reconnaissance missions...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_units_using_the_F-4_Phantom

There was an article on these aircraft in one of the UK aviation mags within the last year.

Regards,

Frank.

Hans Rolink

Post by Hans Rolink »

IrishAirPics wrote:Hi Guys,
As for the Phantom's, they are all out of service now as far as I know, the one in the picture above was wheeled in from the adjacent museum and put on static display. It's one of only 3 operated by the Israeli's, it was specially modified for hi speed, very detailed photo recce, F-4E(S) was the designation and to quote Wiki:

...Israel employed three F-4E(S), which were equipped with a special high-altitude camera system (HIAC) for reconnaissance missions...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_units_using_the_F-4_Phantom

The F-4E(S) was known as Shablol (Snail).
Nice stuff, Frank!

Hans.