Axalp 2011 - from Äbeflüe - pic heavy, apologies

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Codrut

Axalp 2011 - from Äbeflüe - pic heavy, apologies

Post by Codrut »

Warm hello from Romania to everyone! This is my first post with you guys. I've had the pleasure of meeting a few of you guys personally, hope for more opportunities next year.

I've been watching the postings and picture quality is great throughout the board. This was my second year at Axalp and I've decided to visit "the other side". Figured it would be a good reason to join the ranks and upload this year's shots.

I "spotted" myself in one of SWF's shots (no9) http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee416/sfw29/SPFL/Axalp%202011/AXAL1020_TV.jpg. The edge to the right, red jacket (some color can be distinguished in spite of backlighting)

TLM

Re: Axalp 2011 - from Äbeflüe - pic heavy, apologies

Post by TLM »

Fantastic set of pictures. 14 and 16 are very nice.

Tim

Bjorn

Post by Bjorn »

Congratulations! Very nice view and light from that location. Would love to go there sometime.
I like all of your shots, but the F-5 formation in #7 is the pick for me.
Med vänlig hälsning/
Björn Hellenius
http://www.hepic.se/

sfw

Post by sfw »

Codrut wrote:Warm hello from Romania to everyone! This is my first post with you guys. I've had the pleasure of meeting a few of you guys personally, hope for more opportunities next year.

I've been watching the postings and picture quality is great throughout the board. This was my second year at Axalp and I've decided to visit "the other side". Figured it would be a good reason to join the ranks and upload this year's shots.

I "spotted" myself in one of SWF's shots (no9) http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee416/sfw29/SPFL/Axalp%202011/AXAL1020_TV.jpg. The edge to the right, red jacket (some color can be distinguished in spite of backlighting)

Hi, I spotted myself on your nbr 2 just right behind the left engine (orange jacket as well). First of all don't misspell my nick ;) Concerning pics, yeah light is ok, I realy like F-5's formation shots and some Hornets but if helos or PC21 are concern a bit slower shutter speed can help to looks them more ... natural. Very good set anyway.
Magie

Power of the Lens

Codrut

Post by Codrut »

sfw wrote:First of all don't misspell my nick ;)

So sorry about that!

You're right about the panning attempts and I did try them, after grabbing a few fast exposures. However, I didn't have a steady enough hand. Probably fatigue and cold, coupled with a rather heavy lens to handhold and lack of monopod or tripod had some role to play in all that.

1/125 was as low as I could go consistently, with the Cougar, handheld with a 500X1.4

Cheers!

mr pabs

Post by mr pabs »

Fantastic images..... I want to go there badly!

Thanks for posting

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL »

Lovely images. Makes all the difference being the right side for the light :clap: :clap:

TonyO

Post by TonyO »

Superb, a long trek I understand, but well worth it!
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?

muflon

Post by muflon »

Hah, I was close to going there on Tuesday, but chickened out, waiting for more snow to come down :dizzy:
Nice :clap: some remind me of my last year's pictures, but for some (esp. the PC21 shots) this might have been quite unique opportunity... it flew almost as if there was a VIP tribune up there :biggrin:

Codrut

Post by Codrut »

muflon wrote:Hah, I was close to going there on Tuesday

Heeeey, nice to see a familiar face. Regarding the weather, while ascending, as soon as dawn broke, there were quite a few cirrus clouds spreading fast from the east and we almost turned back. We gambled a bit and decided to trust the weather man. There were two very close fly-by's one from the PC and one from the solo F18 so, for a few brief moments, we did feel a bit like VIPs.

Thank you all for the kind words, there's still a lot of work to be done, if I had to retake all the shots tomorrow, I'd definitely push for more panning shots. So, WIP :facepalm:

Cheers!