RIAT Arrivals... LIVE!

Re: RIAT Arrivals... LIVE!

Postby Arno 01 on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:43 pm

Cheers for all the effort Andy, will be checking in from work in the next two days :grin: Hope the weather improves for you
Arno 01

Postby ALAN L on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:30 pm

Lovely shine on the JP3.....! :lol: :win: :heyhey:
Classic Flight volunteer, Hunter Flight Academy groundie and a member of the Beech restorations team.
ALAN L

Postby Blackbird on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:31 pm

Just home from work and saw this thread.

A great idea Andy, perfectly executed, and much appreciated :clap: especially in the grotty weather. I won't be the only one hoping for some sun on Saturday (if not before).

Thank you very much indeed :smile:

Andy
Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Postby Big Eric on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:56 pm

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Nearly 6000 views and only 97 replies!? :-X :grin:

It's just as well Andy didn't get 6,000 replies then ! :lmao:
Big Eric

Postby tommercer on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 8:18 pm

Great shots all day and it was a nice distraction from work! Looking forward to tomorrow's selection
tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Postby Agg on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 6:48 am

Looks like it's going to be a quiet day in work, so I guess Ill be refreshing this thread all day :P
Agg
UKAR Staff

Postby paullangford on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 7:39 am

Agg wrote:Looks like it's going to be a quiet day in work, so I guess Ill be refreshing this thread all day :P

Hi Agg,

Do you, or any other members, know if the B2 is arriving today, or is it tomorrow ?.
If you know an ETA, that would be great, I could nip off from work to see it come in, that's all.
Never seen one

Thanks in advance
paullangford

Postby stevebrodie on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 8:11 am

waiting ........ waiting ..... need more piccies :grin:
Viper: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees
stevebrodie

Postby TomTwin on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 8:29 am

paullangford wrote:
Agg wrote:Looks like it's going to be a quiet day in work, so I guess Ill be refreshing this thread all day :P

Hi Agg,

Do you, or any other members, know if the B2 is arriving today, or is it tomorrow ?.
If you know an ETA, that would be great, I could nip off from work to see it come in, that's all.
Never seen one

Thanks in advance

No one knows, as the US and RIAT aren't disclosing it. One of the key things behind the confirmation is presumably that RIAT doesn't disclose when it's arriving, for I would say protests or terrorists shooting at it. When it turns up it will turn up, so get there anytime you can and hope it comes in then.

If someone posts that it's coming in on this day and the time, the US could withdraw it. So stay quiet, get along when you can, and hope you get lucky. That implies to all who read this and were thinking about posting a similar comment. :cool:
TomTwin

Postby paullangford on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 8:37 am

TomTwin wrote:
paullangford wrote:

Hi Agg,

Never seen one

Thanks in advance

No one knows, as the US and RIAT aren't disclosing it. One of the key things behind the confirmation is presumably that RIAT doesn't disclose when it's arriving, for I would say protests or terrorists shooting at it. When it turns up it will turn up, so get there anytime you can and hope it comes in then.

If someone posts that it's coming in on this day and the time, the US could withdraw it. So stay quiet, get along when you can, and hope you get lucky. That implies to all who read this and were thinking about posting a similar comment. :cool:

Ok TomTwin, fully understand what you're saying there, didn't realise the climate is as sensitive as it is, ........then again maybe I should've.
Thanks for the advice, I'm still a newbie of sorts, so still understanding the protocal on these forums.
paullangford

Postby boff180 on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 8:38 am

Guys,

Riattold someone by email last night that if the arrival times are public the USAF are likely to cancel the B2. Please DO NOT discuss it on the forums.

Anyway, first update of the day.

Thu1 by evansaviography, on Flickr

Thu2 by evansaviography, on Flickr

Andy
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby henk99 on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 8:43 am

Great to see you are back on the case today! It is great for the build up to the event. Still in the Netherlands now, but arriving tomorrow evening :biggrin:

Love the tail on the Belgian F-16 :drool:
Frysian Flag 2019 | | Erlanger Bergkirchweih | RIAT 2019 | Sanicole 2019
henk99

Postby chrisward123 on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:03 am

Great to see you back on the job!

Christian
2019 - RIAT, Blackpool & Southport
chrisward123

Postby Logster on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:04 am

Great stuff - I can see a long day of work made a whole lot more interesting by keeping an eye on this thread. Thanks again for your efforts.
matt
Logster

Postby Red Dragon on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:18 am

Andy you deserve a medal for your efforts in keeping us poor b€%#(€$#s who have to work informed of what's arriving! Thanks again :clap: :clap: :clap: :worship:
Red Dragon

Postby mr pabs on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:18 am

I'm in the East P&V and still enjoying having a look at this thread.... Good stuff :clap:
mr pabs

Postby lascar delta on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:19 am

thank you so much to inform us in real time . It is really great!
lascar delta

Postby Trevster on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:28 am

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Nearly 6000 views and only 97 replies!? :-X :grin:

Don't know how many times I refreshed to see if there was anything new added - multiply that by the numbers watching the thread and it won't take long to moun the views up :)
Canon Rebel T1
Canon EFS 18-55mm lens
Canon 75-300mm lens
Trevster
UKAR Supporter

Postby Trevster on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:30 am

Looking forward to today's efforts Andy - appreciate everything so far and will be refreshing with interest through the day! :clap:
Canon Rebel T1
Canon EFS 18-55mm lens
Canon 75-300mm lens
Trevster
UKAR Supporter

Postby Mister Tee on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:45 am

As someone who will not be visiting RIAT this thread has been a joy to follow with some excellent quality photographs. For me the colour schemes on the Emirati and Korean aerobatic teams stand out by the proverbial country mile. Red Sparrows need to start looking at a different scheme. They are so far behind these days compared with many other teams.

Regards
Mr Tee
Mister Tee

Postby boff180 on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 10:03 am

Worryingly quiet, a lot of scheduled stuff hasn't appeared...

Thur3 by evansaviography, on Flickr

Andy
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby tailslides on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 10:07 am

Great idea, just set my scanner up for the weekend and heard a "Frenchie" inbound
tailslides

Postby F-22 Raptor A on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 10:08 am

boff180 wrote:Worryingly quiet, a lot of scheduled stuff hasn't appeared

Did the Mig practice?
F-22 Raptor A

Postby wamovements on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 10:08 am

Great report again, Japanses 767 is in the area ;-)
Starting from Issue 406 Scramble Magazine is a full colour magazine, another reason to subscribe!
wamovements

Postby Rory76 on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 10:10 am

Mister Tee wrote:As someone who will not be visiting RIAT this thread has been a joy to follow with some excellent quality photographs. For me the colour schemes on the Emirati and Korean aerobatic teams stand out by the proverbial country mile. Red Sparrows need to start looking at a different scheme. They are so far behind these days compared with many other teams.

Regards
Mr Tee

Have to disagree, the Asian teams look good as much as anything else because they're different. I think the likes of the Arrows and Patrouille de France look good because they're a more traditional style.
Ricoh Caplio R5

Sony A300 ('L' Plates Fitted)
Rory76

PreviousNext

Return to Airshow Photos