Sunday update from Shoreham and the Wish Tower

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
lambo17841

Sunday update from Shoreham and the Wish Tower

Post by lambo17841 »

Sorry changed to Thursday obviously not Friday as weather was terrible,senior moment.
Same place for Sunday I hope.

Taken on the apron at Shoreham,shame the Spitfire had cover on.
Sunday's offering I hope better than Thursday.

Some still not quite in focus but hopefully getting better
John in Sussex
Last edited by lambo17841 on Wed 21 Aug 2013, 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

colper

Re: Thursday at Eastbourne near the Wish Tower

Post by colper »

Good set,F16 with flares very nice.At least you managed to see it !!

Colin

StevenH

Post by StevenH »

I'm sorry, but most of these shots look to be out of focus, don't really know what to suggest with that, maybe just look over your gear and settings again? The Spitfire and Tucano shots are also suffering from motion blur, I assume you were using a slow shutter speed and weren't able to pan smoothly enough with the subject, maybe set the speed higher next time to give yourself a better chance?

Sorry to be negative, no offence intended, just trying be constructive. To be fair, the P40 shot looks fine, and is a very nice capture. :smile: The final Red Arrows shot and Wingwalkers shots also look decent too.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Without accessing the EXIF data, but purely on the 'blade motion' test, I would expect your shutter speed to be in excess of 1/500th to 'stop' a Tucano on display power! Could it be that your shots have been massively over-cropped? From past experience here, nothing displays that close to the shore. It could also be worth reviewing your ISO settings before Sunday, especially if sunlight should grace the event. The evident noise is apparent in most images but on the penultimate 'Reds' shot, the 'noise' is akin to an illegal rave!! I applaud your efforts & hope the above suggestions will reward you with more favourable results.

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

Thanks for advice,must try harder.Will post some on Sunday hopefully after better weather and better results.

John

paullangford

Post by paullangford »

Thanks for posting John, It's wetted my appetite for Sunday, especially if the weather behaves.

Paul