Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Mon 01 Sep 2008, 5:55 am
Last weekend I was fortunate enough to shoot the Chino Air Show in Southern California. The show is usually this time of year and the skies are often hazy. This year, although it was very very hot, the skies were quite clear and led to some nice light.
It was nice to see the Raptor fly again after all of the US Demo teams were put on the shelf last year. There was a great variety of planes and many warbirds flew the regular show but not the practice. These are all from the practice on Friday.
The full gallery is here http://leadingedgeimages.zenfolio.com/p776700393
and the full site http://leadingedgeimages.zenfolio.com/
I hope you enjoy.
- UKAR Supporter
- Posts: 3385
- Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 9:14 pm
- Location: Rochester,Kent.
Love the Raptor shots!!!
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!
- Posts: 3198
- Joined: Sun 30 Jun 2013, 9:40 pm
- Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
tankbuster81 wrote:Love the Raptor shots!!!
Agree, they are brilliant
- Posts: 5592
- Joined: Wed 23 Jul 2008, 6:51 am
- Location: UK
Great set, particularly like the last Raptor shot.
- Posts: 753
- Joined: Tue 10 Aug 2010, 11:13 am
7,12,13 are the best of a great post
- UKAR Staff
- Posts: 9083
- Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 2:28 pm
- Location: Solihull
Always a show I've wanted to do, perhaps next year
Superb set! Loving the nose on Oracle Challenger!
- Posts: 6040
- Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 6:40 pm
- Location: New Forest
I did enjoy, especially No.1 and the three Sabres!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
- Posts: 4449
- Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 4:19 pm
- Location: Sompting,West Sussex
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 7:39 pm
Lovely set, some great raptor shots and 3 sabres!
Did you hear about the dyslexic pimp? He bought a ware house!
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
- Posts: 2659
- Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 11:06 pm
- UKAR Staff
- Posts: 1945
- Joined: Tue 05 May 2009, 11:25 am
- Location: Norway
I think Im getting a think for classic jets, the Horsemen in Sabres and that MiG-15 look fantastic!
- Posts: 1648
- Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 1:43 pm
- Location: England
Totally Stunning, thanks for sharing them. How nice it is when the conditions just turn out perfect for a show.
- Posts: 809
- Joined: Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:45 pm
Number 9 looks like arrivals day as no crowd, were you in middle of airfield between the two runways?
- Posts: 425
- Joined: Tue 01 Sep 2009, 8:08 am
- Location: Sidcup, Kent
That first Raptor shot is superb