Youngstown, Ohio

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
sylvancatharsis

Youngstown, Ohio

Post by sylvancatharsis »

First air show of the year for me. Not the greatest for taking photos, as the crowd faces into the sun more or less all day and it's right in front of you at the end. The displays seemed distant; I'm not sure if it's just me being fairly new to shooting air shows on a full-frame camera or if the displays were really that far from the crowd. Perfectly entertaining day out, though, with very comfortable weather, but the queues to get out were nightmarish! I even allowed the obligatory hour to noodle around after the Thunderbirds and let the crowds dissipate, but it was still two hours of waiting for a bus to get to the remote parking areas (there was no on-site parking). Small gripe, the C-123K was listed on the show website as a performer, but as I figured, it was plonked in the static all the while. It would've been a highlight indeed if it'd flown, and I just can't figure out why air show webmasters can't take five minutes to check their work so that the information they're giving out is accurate.

Anyway, on with the photos. Not entirely satisfied with any of these; considered just putting down the camera (and did a few times) but old habits die hard :grin:

Thunderbirds! by Auguries.Imagery, on Flickr

Vanguard Squadron by Auguries.Imagery, on Flickr

Mighty Fortress by Auguries.Imagery, on Flickr

Living Legends by Auguries.Imagery, on Flickr

The Dragon by Auguries.Imagery, on Flickr

Mustang Magic by Auguries.Imagery, on Flickr

Whistling Death by Auguries.Imagery, on Flickr

Thunder Pig by Auguries.Imagery, on Flickr

Hopefully these are of interest.
Author of CULT OF THE WYVERN, a novel about Westland Wyverns and aliens. (Really.)
Flicky Flicky

Agg
UKAR Staff

Re: Youngstown, Ohio

Post by Agg »

Really like the B-17 and the one with the Mustang and the B-25. Good job :clap:

rdchawk

Re: Youngstown, Ohio

Post by rdchawk »

Good set, but especially the B17. Great shot that one. :clap: :clap:
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur