Air14 Payerne, Switzerland.

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
MikeH

Air14 Payerne, Switzerland.

Post by MikeH »

Some images from the second weekend of the Swiss Air Force's 100th, Patrouille Suisse's 50th and the PC-7 team's 25th anniversary celebrations.

Ewart

Re: Air14 Payerne, Switzerland.

Post by Ewart »

Lovely shots. I don't know about you but I really struggled in places shooting through some of the stay behind smoke of the display teams.

Vixen1

Post by Vixen1 »

Lovely sharp set there. I guess you were at the eastern end of the airfield. The Rafale shots stand out for me. :clap:

Bjorn

Post by Bjorn »

That P-38 shot!
Med vänlig hälsning/
Björn Hellenius
http://www.hepic.se/

MikeH

Post by MikeH »

Ewart wrote:Lovely shots. I don't know about you but I really struggled in places shooting through some of the stay behind smoke of the display teams.

This was only a problem on the Sunday (8th.) Apart from the "long march," that was the only real bug-bear of what was a really well organised event. The display teams seemed to lack the flexibility to curtail their use of smoke, adding to what was an obviously worsening situation. Usually there is sufficient wind or rising air to clear the air but it even continued to lay around the airfield even after the hour long lunch break. The only real "victims" were the teams themselves and the Super Constellation.