Caper joins the Navy Lark

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
capercaillie

Caper joins the Navy Lark

Post by capercaillie »

From the initial season listings this show along with RIAT were looking like standout events in what could be a difficult airshow season post Shoreham. It appeared that some restrictions had been lifted since the season opener and types such as the Demon and Lysander displayed a little closer albeit not back to the classic close passes and use of the dog leg was still limited.

With my Dad having spent 20 years in the Fleet Air Arm aboard several carriers working on Sea Venoms and later on AEW Gannets of 849sqn, naval types always hold a special interest and with what is available in the country I thought the Shuttleworth boys did an incredible job gathering up relevant types from around the country for the display. The flying was slick, the commentary flowed well keeping you informed of what was happening and the weather was superb. Almost a perfect show. So many great images have already been posted, its difficult to find anything different but I enjoyed the show so much I wanted to post something. :biggrin:

And a few visitors including the Helio Courier, great machine :up:

"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

ciaranchef

Re: Caper joins the Navy Lark

Post by ciaranchef »

Great stuff!
"It is generally inadvisable to eject over the area you just bombed"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ciaranchef/

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Missed this thread!

Great stuff, Caper - though (far be it for me to talk) I think the colour balance may need working on in one or two. The Sea Hurricane & Nimrod have a greenish hue that isn't present in the rest of the thread.

But nonetheless, some fine stuff here. What a great show. :love:

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

Very nice and sharp Mr Caper. A really enjoyable day out. Well done.