OW Race Day 07.10.18

Re: OW Race Day 07.10.18

Postby GeorgeP on Mon 08 Oct 2018, 9:18 am

Nice; you have mastered the long-lens panning technique. I have never visited OW but Mary and the PR Spit appear to be rolling downhill. Perhaps they need a wee CCW rotation? Happy to be corrected re. the geography. I look forward to more of your images from this event.
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30699732@N05/albums
GeorgeP

Postby capercaillie on Mon 08 Oct 2018, 9:48 am

Incredible skill and technique regarding the panning of the top three especially, but it gets to a point where the background actually starks making me queasy when looking at the image. :sick:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby MUSTANG on Mon 08 Oct 2018, 6:28 pm

GeorgeP wrote:Nice; you have mastered the long-lens panning technique. I have never visited OW but Mary and the PR Spit appear to be rolling downhill. Perhaps they need a wee CCW rotation? Happy to be corrected re. the geography. I look forward to more of your images from this event.

Hi George,

Well the runway is not exactly flat but I guess a small rotation could have been done...

Peter
MUSTANG

Postby Tbolt on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 9:25 am

Very nicely done. I wish I could get sharp pictures at 1/60th.
Tbolt

Postby Ltjcanty on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 6:49 am

Morning gents. My first fly in on Sunday and what a day! I’ve been flying for a few years but never got around to it before. I came in the PA38 Tomahawk. G-BOMZ.

Looking at the amazing pics you guys have taken I don’t suppose you managed to snap one of us either landing or taking off? :whistle:
Ltjcanty

Postby I.Winfield on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 6:58 am

Liking the panning on these, great photos!
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/i_winfield/
Twitter: @IWinfield1
I.Winfield

Postby phreakf4 on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 8:27 am

Ltjcanty wrote:Morning gents. My first fly in on Sunday and what a day! I’ve been flying for a few years but never got around to it before. I came in the PA38 Tomahawk. G-BOMZ.

Looking at the amazing pics you guys have taken I don’t suppose you managed to snap one of us either landing or taking off? :whistle:

I got a shot of you departing. In order not to "hijack" this thread I have posted it in "General Aviation Photos".
nothing is confirmed at a show until it's u/c hits the tarmac or it's running in for it's display.....
phreakf4

Return to Airshow Photos