Damp and Dull East Fortune

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
EGL

Damp and Dull East Fortune

Post by EGL »

Yet again East Fortune fell foul of the weather gods on Saturday. Forecast wasn't great to start with but since I'd got a complimentary ticket I thought I'd venture through anyway. Arrived just before 10 and there was already quite a queue to get in. I decided to avoid the rain and sat in the car for an hour.

Only items to display throughout the day were the RN Wildcat, T-6, Spartan Executive, Jet Provost, Mig-15 and a couple of passes from the Catalina. Most of the other items couldn't get out of Newcastle and Cumbernauld (I think all of these except the Wildcat came out of Edinburgh). Sat waiting for the Typhoon which was due to close the show (about 40 mins after the previous item finished), heard him over radio but then the cloud came down and he was unable to display but heard him make a pass over the top! Highlight for me was the Mig which put on a decent display - last time I saw it it felt rather distant - and new markings.

Overall a disappointing day out.

ImageIMG_6271.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6316.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6363.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6437.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6500.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6516.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6529.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6571.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6606.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6623.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6640.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6659.jpg by Euan Leitch, on Flickr

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Re: Damp and Dull East Fortune

Post by itfcscott »

Sounds like a disappointing day, but good that you managed to get some flying displays and that it wasn't called off completely. The new scheme on the Mig-15 looks nice, look forward to seeing that.

Unknown74

Re: Damp and Dull East Fortune

Post by Unknown74 »

Unfortunately fell ill at the Weekend so with all the Weather etc I’m glad I didn’t attend although don’t think going to bed in the afternoon for a rest was not too good meaning I missed the Edinburgh based stuff coming back in although I did see the Wildcat coming in.