Eastbourne Airshow 17 and 18-08-2019

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
SEMAE

Eastbourne Airshow 17 and 18-08-2019

Post by SEMAE »

Hi

I went to Eastbourne on Saturday and Sunday.
However, on Thursday 15-08-2019, I was at Beachy Head waiting for the BBMF to pass the memorial but they cancelled flying that day. With nothing else nowadays coming anywhere near Beachy Head, I just watched the show from the distance and did not use my camera.

On Saturday and Sunday, I was situated very close to the edge of the town but still quite high up. For most shots, you would still need a 500 mm lens.

Again, I could see that nothing, apart from the BBMF, going nowhere near Beachy Head. On both days, the Chinook did took a very big triangular course out to sea then back in again both before displaying and afterwoods. Other aircraft either went very high or far away or sometimes in and out the other direction.

It did not look to me that there was that many people lining the top of the slopes and I just wonder how busy the car park where on both Saturday and Sunday

rob68

Re: Eastbourne Airshow 17 and 18-08-2019

Post by rob68 »

Like PA474 head on

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

This shot: http://imageshack.com/i/pmLp9CLpj

... is an absolute belter. Really nicely done.

I'd send it to the team if I were you!

MC hammer

Post by MC hammer »

Normally I would say that it's Beachy Head or nothing for me but you have still got some nice shots there.

I nearly went to BH on Sunday with my main target being the Chinook but I'm glad I didn't now having read your comments. Also I expect that it was very windy up there this year, it was bad enough at sea level.