Weather watch '22

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Mr Benn

Re: Weather watch '22

Post by Mr Benn »

Thank you everyone for the tips above, and a couple of really nice private messages on here. I just wondered if there is somewhere we can sit and watch the show, where we will get as much shade as possible ? Just to try and help my Anxiety calm down a bit. If you would rather message me direct please do so.

Thanks again guys, I hope your all buzzing with a week to go.

Burleysway

Post by Burleysway »

UK weather: Longest heatwave in four years is on its way

Temperatures in southern England and Wales expected to reach 31C on Monday and Tuesday, and the high 30s towards the end of next week

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/0 ... -heatwave/

Heatwave health alerts have been issued as the Met Office predicted the longest hot spell in four years could begin on Sunday.

A period of hot weather starting this weekend could last for more than a week, making it the longest since a 15-day heatwave in 2018, forecasters said.

The weather is expected to be warm and dry on Friday, reaching 28C, but a little cooler on Saturday, with the high heat beginning in earnest on Sunday.

High temperatures in southern and central England and Wales are expected to reach 31C on Monday and Tuesday, and could reach the high 30s towards the end of next week, though mid-30s are more likely, the Met Office said.

adam2628

Post by adam2628 »

Met Office giving easterly wind all day Thursday! I hope that changes as I'll be on a campsite all day at 27 end. BBC still shows westerly though, so who knows!!

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

ATC confirmed that even with a slight tailwind they’ll use 27 where they can, so hopefully if there are Easterlies, then they aren’t significant enough to cause a switch to 09 (which we all hope doesn’t happen! Touchdown shots from West will be hazed out, so it’ll be rubbish all around!).

Bodz156

Post by Bodz156 »

Been keeping an eye on a few sites over the last few days, & while they all seem pretty much in agreement on the sun / sun & clouds forecast across the whole event they seem to have no idea what the wind will do. BBC had Fairford as North westerlies on the Thursday, but RAF Fairford as north easterlies :sweat_smile:

Wind seems quite light so hopefully it won't matter too much, but the wind forecast keeps changing every morning I look :thinking:

coanda

Post by coanda »

Just checked netweather....

This seems appropriate...

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

coanda wrote:
Fri 08 Jul 2022, 5:44 pm
Just checked netweather....

This seems appropriate...

Miss him so much, there's noone like him.
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Seems a cooler start here in Worcestershire today, so Im going to only try and say this once, else my wife will bash me round the head , " I wish the weather next Saturday morning was like this morning " ... !

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Can i just ask which direction the sun is in the morning then thru the day, as i cant recall (i think its behind the crowd in the morning ?). Cheers

danspuggti

Post by danspuggti »

Mr Benn wrote:
Sat 09 Jul 2022, 6:57 pm
Can i just ask which direction the sun is in the morning then thru the day, as i cant recall (i think its behind the crowd in the morning ?). Cheers
Crowdline faces North so the sun starts off to the right hand side then moves behind the crowd throughout the day then ends up to the left
Same old sh*t.............just happening on a different day!!!

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Sun Calc is a good resource :)

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Cheers Dan

Bodz156

Post by Bodz156 »

Weather still showing as nice throughout the week, Thursday, Friday, Saturday all looking mostly blue skies currently. Wednesday & Sunday sunny with white clouds to varying degrees. Saturday looks hot! 🥵

Only thing bothering me is the totally random wind forecasts for arrivals....it had Friday as Easterly winds all of the day over on the BBC, now back to westerly again! 🤷‍♂️ Not sure they're confident of wind directions at all 🙄😁

JMC

Post by JMC »

Guarantee we’ll see some morons with their tops off in the crowd on Saturday!

verreli

Post by verreli »

JMC wrote:
Sat 09 Jul 2022, 10:22 pm
Guarantee we’ll see some morons with their tops off in the crowd on Saturday!
Well I'm not brave enough to say anything to her.

coanda

Post by coanda »

Bodz156 wrote:
Sat 09 Jul 2022, 10:19 pm
Weather still showing as nice throughout the week, Thursday, Friday, Saturday all looking mostly blue skies currently. Wednesday & Sunday sunny with white clouds to varying degrees. Saturday looks hot! 🥵

Only thing bothering me is the totally random wind forecasts for arrivals....it had Friday as Easterly winds all of the day over on the BBC, now back to westerly again! 🤷‍♂️ Not sure they're confident of wind directions at all 🙄😁
Light winds can be very variable - what sort of speeds are talking? less than 10mph?

Bodz156

Post by Bodz156 »

Yeah, around 8 or 9mph mostly. I don't know if that (plus gusts) would be strong enough to force 09 use or anything 🤷‍♂️

matty82

Post by matty82 »

Metcheck are saying temperatures of 36c Saturday and 41c Sunday for Fairford.
Thats runway melting hot

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

I do wonder what model they have been running as I checked 5 different sites and it’s the only one saying it will be in the high 30’s with the rest somewhere between 28-30c but I don’t really trust anything more than 48 hrs out anyway.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

matty82 wrote:
Sun 10 Jul 2022, 8:13 am
Thats runway melting hot
That might mean there will be a lot going on in the medical department on Sunday. Temperatures above the normal temperature of the human body can have a big impact on people. Especially if you are active in some kind, like carrying heavy stuff around. It wouldn't surprise me if people try to depart early to escape the heat.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

verreli

Post by verreli »

matty82 wrote:
Thats runway melting hot
Unlikely. My guess, hovering around the 30's with high UV. i.e. still el scorchio with sensible precautions needed.

Burleysway

Post by Burleysway »

Heatwaves: What do they do to the body and who is at risk?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-49112807

Some useful info from the BBC

JMC

Post by JMC »

I hope RIAT are on the ball with the security on the crowdline this year and have taken some insight from Silverstone. Can see it now already, some ‘just stop oil’ opportunists toddling on to the runway to hold hands and sign ring a ring a roses about how RIAT is ‘contributing to this heatwave blah blah…’.

Would be awful PR for The Air Tattoo and imagine they did it when a star item was due to perform? A few enthusiasts would soon try out to see if a Telephoto lens can be used as a bat! (Not to mention how incredibly dangerous it is).

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

matty82 wrote:
Thats runway melting hot
Now Metcheck is saying 30c on Sunday so just goes to show, not much point looking at them this far out as they will be constantly changing.

Bodz156

Post by Bodz156 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/62116299[u][/u]

BBC weather for week ahead video ☀️☀️☀️🥵