Southend aircraft for Airbourne 2022

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
FGR2

Southend aircraft for Airbourne 2022

Post by FGR2 »

It was a bit like the old days at Southend today, and large number of people had turned out to see the BBMF, Typhoon and Red Arrows which are based there over the weekend.

With other seaside shows being popular, and the huge numbers at the fence line today I wonder whether the shows at Southend will ever return.

[
Last edited by FGR2 on Mon 13 Mar 2023, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Southend aircraft for Airbourne 2022

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Nice set. It was a great day out there today, as you say very reminiscent of the old airshow and airport open days. I don't think I've been there since about 2006.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

FGR2

Post by FGR2 »

Changed a bit since then, the last time I was there was for the BBMF and Canadian Lancasters which were there for a few days.

broadstairs

Post by broadstairs »

Really enjoyed looking at these. Reminds me how much I miss Manston as an active Airfield which used to get all these for shows in the South and more besides. If the local nimbys don't get their way and the DCO does work out hopefully they will be back in a couple of years!

Stuart

FGR2

Post by FGR2 »

It would be good to see some of the old shows back, I think a lot of people would like to see the Southend show return.

Here are my efforts from this afternoon. Weather was not quite as good as yesterday for photography.