AirPower 2022 Zeltweg, Austria

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Reaper02

AirPower 2022 Zeltweg, Austria

Post by Reaper02 »

On september the 2nd and 3rd I visited the AirPower 2022 airshow at Hinterstoisser military airfield, Zeltweg, Austria. Although I am not the biggest airshow fan I kwew this free event could be a great success due to the beautiful background, sun in the back and taxitrack right in front of you. And what an awesome event it was! Enjoyed two full days of sunshine (despite weather predictions days prior expected rain and low clouds), a great and long flying program with lots interesting historic and modern planes and very relaxed atmosphere despite more than 275.000 visitors. Although I don't photograph static (due to fennces, people and stands around) some great planes could be found there like a Chinese Y-20, Brazilian KC-390, Turkish F-4E and Polish Su-22. But I positioned myself next to the taxiway around 07:00hrs from where I enjoyed the following displays:

1.Image
EF-2000 Eurofigher wearing some impressive Tiger markings after 2 nd Staffel became a probationary member of the NATO Tiger Association last year.

2.Image
It was the last airshow for the Alouette 3 on Zeltweg because Austra will retire these heli's by the end of this year.

3.Image
One the personal highlights for me was this SK-35C Draken from the Swedish Air Force Historical Flight. Still remember the farewell airshow of the Austrian J-35 Drakens many years ago...

4.Image
Mi-17 from the Czech Air Force with in the background one of their last Mi-24's. These Hinds will be retired by the end of this year and probably be transferred to Ukraine. The Czech republic will receive AH-1Z Cobra's as replacement.

5.Image
Another highlight was the demonstration of this MiG21UMD from the Croation Air Force. It flew straight from and to Zagreb and these lovely Fishbeds will be replaced soon by French Rafales.

6.Image
First time in Austra, a B-52H from the 5th BW/23rd BS performing a flyby on the saturday.

Hope you'll like 'em, much more from 'Europe's largest air show' can be found on: https://www.final-approach.nl/2022/zelt ... power-2022

Regards, Edwin Schimmel
www.final-approach.nl