Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
RRconway

Re: My First Photo Post. Cottesmore

Post by RRconway »

petefletch wrote:
blakey wrote:Harriers into a sunset have been covered many many times, from you description i thought it would have been something else

But if your happy with them :smile:

Not really sure how to take that. I am happy with them as it is the first time I have every managed to get shots like this. Quite how my description gives any impression of anything I am not sure

I'd disregard it Pete, the photos are all superb. I am hoping to go to Cottesmore myself for the first time soon and if my pictures turn out as good I'd be really proud.

I am also into architecture photography and a few years ago took some pictures of the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth. Its one of those buildings that have been 'photographed to death'. The point is that if you are photographing something for your first time and you nail it technically and artistically you should be rightly proud of them....and you have done just that, well done. :clap:

Jeff.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

RRconway

Post by RRconway »

Chucky wrote:They are all nice :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've never seen that vertical metal plate just behind the nose gear on pic 4 !

Looks like some kind of servicing panel to me....if the catches become worn they can easily pop open with vibration.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

RRconway wrote:

Looks like some kind of servicing panel to me....if the catches become worn they can easily pop open with vibration.

It's one of the Lift Improvement Devices (LIDs). A retractable fence that aids handling/lift in the hover - between it and the gun pods, it traps a cushion of air that improves VTOL performance and handling.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

RRconway

Post by RRconway »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
RRconway wrote:

It's one of the Lift Improvement Devices (LIDs). A retractable fence that aids handling/lift in the hover - between it and the gun pods, it traps a cushion of air that improves VTOL performance and handling.

Oh ok, sort of a ground effect device?
Looked kind of flimsy, thats why I thought it was an access panel.

timuss

Post by timuss »

Oh wow great set but those sunset shots are beauties :clap: :clap:
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss