Special Sandy Six Squadron is Superb

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
Mike

Re: Special Sandy Six Squadron is Superb

Post by Mike »

The Baron wrote:If the vast number of armchair critics here think they can do better then go buy yourselves an aircraft and do it.

I'm just curious, who do you think paid for the Typhoons? :dizzy:

rv8tor

Post by rv8tor »

Personally I think its a case of beggars cant be choosers and we should all think ourselves lucky that we have another extra-curricular Typhoon to photograph.
Lets just hope its not gonna go tech too often and that it doesn't end up with a grey canopy too soon.......................... :wink:
If a man speaks in the middle of a forest and no woman can hear him, is he still wrong?

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Mike, I'm unsure wether you are picking holes in my statement or just genuinely don't understand the point I was making. But just to be clear, I know who pays for the aircraft and if you think you can do a better paint job then by all means buy a Typoon for yourself and let others criticise it.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

FreddieKempton

Post by FreddieKempton »

The Baron wrote:I think, considering the continual budget cuts and strains on all our armed forces, the fact that 6, and 29, even bothered to apply special schemes to their aircraft should be applauded. They haven't done it for our benefit and if I were somebody that had taken the time to help design/paint and then read this feedback I'd be disappointed by the lack of support. If the vast number of armchair critics here think they can do better then go buy yourselves an aircraft and do it. In the meantime I'm just happy the RAF has bothered.

Hear hear :up:

foxfour

Post by foxfour »

As with all of these things you can't please all of the people all of the time and I applaud the effort by all involved in delivering a special scheme at all even though it's not really to my particular taste. Perhaps I will warm to it when I see it first hand.

Sussexlad

Post by Sussexlad »

FreddieKempton wrote:
The Baron wrote:I think, considering the continual budget cuts and strains on all our armed forces, the fact that 6, and 29, even bothered to apply special schemes to their aircraft should be applauded. They haven't done it for our benefit and if I were somebody that had taken the time to help design/paint and then read this feedback I'd be disappointed by the lack of support. If the vast number of armchair critics here think they can do better then go buy yourselves an aircraft and do it. In the meantime I'm just happy the RAF has bothered.

Hear hear :up:

Couldn't agree more - haven't we become a country of moaners now - let's encourage rather than put people off trying again! :sad: Instead, use it as a start and building block for future designs - aim high and aspire to better things to take on the Germans and their always impressive schemes.
:butt:

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Why would you need to buy yourself an aircraft if you thought you could design better? All you need is a pen and paper/graphics package if you wanted to design something...

Strikes me that the 'problem' with these modern RAF schemes is that, as Gill alluded to, everyone wants to have their say. Great works of art aren't done by committee, they're by someone with the talent and vision to create something bold and original. They should just trust in the designer to come up with something and stop watering down their ideas - give them a brief on what can/can't be painted and trust them come up with something suitable.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

PorkScratching
UKAR Staff

Post by PorkScratching »

Thread tidied. We have no problem with people stating they like or don't like this scheme or anything else, and we don't mind discussions around that. Please do so with respect for others members though.

expat1

Post by expat1 »

Here Here - In the days when many aircraft are shared and don't even carry squadron markings. 6 & 29 Sqns are to be applauded for giving us something different to point our lenses at.
You don't take a photograph you make it - Ansel Adams.
Canon 6D, Canon 7D, 100-400L, 70-200L, Tamron SP 150-600.

Sundowner

Post by Sundowner »

expat1 wrote:

Here Here - In the days when many aircraft are shared and don't even carry squadron markings. 6 & 29 Sqns are to be applauded for giving us something different to point our lenses at.

Amen.

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

If Prestwick does have an Airshow this Year this Typhoon has to be on Static if possible seeing as there won't be Leuchars.

Timc

Post by Timc »

Well all things considered, love it or hate it, if it turns up in the Mach Loop I'd imagine it would be a pretty rare catch!

I'd be happy with that! :smile:

Cheers
Tim