Meiringen, Sion and Payerne during Axalp week

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
Dr Cake

Meiringen, Sion and Payerne during Axalp week

Post by Dr Cake »

If anyone is vaguely interested, here are some images from my base days during Axalp week.

Tuesday - after Monday's 'stroll' up to Abeflue had nearly killed me, I opted for a slightly more relaxing day at Meiringen. We lasted until the rain started during the early afternoon.

1. Image

2. Image

3. Image

4. Image

5. Image

Wednesday - the first public day was canned due to dire weather so some of our group opted to visit Sion for the F-5s. The weather down in Valais was completely different and I must admit to thoroughly enjoying the day. Great comradery between various UK based small groups passing on tips/news/experiences.

6. Image

7. Image

8. Image

9. Image

10. Image

11. Image

12. Image

13. Image

14. Image

15. Image

16. Image

17. Image

18. Image

19. Image

20. Image

21. Image

22. Image

23. Image

24. Image

25. Image

26. Image

27. Image

Thursday - public day 2 was given the green light at 8 am (if I remember correctly) so we got on the bus from the parking lot as soon as we heard. Although we were up there in virtually no time, is was all in vain as the cloud never cleared. Weirdly quite enjoyed the day.

Friday - up early and over to Payerne en route back to the airport. Another good day on the mound.

28. Image

29. Image

30. Image

31. Image

32. Image

33. Image

34. Image

35. Image

36. Image

35. Image

37. Image

Looking forward to visiting again. Hope you found these of interest. Merry Christmas.

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: Meiringen, Sion and Payerne during Axalp week

Post by Skyflash »

Good stuff chief, and of course welcome to the forum! :clap:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

Many thanks squire. Hope to see you somewhere on the circuit next year.... :smile:

RichPittman

Post by RichPittman »

Lovely quality, Try and visit in the Jan to March time for the cold and crisp Days
Always remember "If you cannot turn tight...you cannot fight!"

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

RichPittman wrote:Lovely quality, Try and visit in the Jan to March time for the cold and crisp Days

I've always fancied the WEF (think Sion this year if memory serves correct) and Lauberhorn. As ever, cash is the limiting factor as I don't get overseas more than once a year very often. Thanks your positive comments.

GME-AirFoto

Post by GME-AirFoto »

Dr Cake wrote:
RichPittman wrote:Lovely quality, Try and visit in the Jan to March time for the cold and crisp Days

I've always fancied the WEF (think Sion this year if memory serves correct) and Lauberhorn. As ever, cash is the limiting factor as I don't get overseas more than once a year very often. Thanks your positive comments.

Payerne in 2016 :wink:

zoomer

Post by zoomer »

Great selection there, good Doctor - seeing the Sion and Payerne pix makes me wanna finish the job from my set!
Was a pleasure to keep you company.

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

GME-AirFoto wrote:
Dr Cake wrote:

Payerne in 2016 :wink:

Interesting. I guessed at Sion as I think it was Meiringen this year (not 100% sure) and, for some reason, thought they alternated between Sion and Meiringen. Thanks for sharing.

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

zoomer wrote:Great selection there, good Doctor - seeing the Sion and Payerne pix makes me wanna finish the job from my set!
Was a pleasure to keep you company.

Many thanks fellow alumnus. I'll try and post my best shots from the Monday at Abeflue at some stage.

It was a trip that 'worked'. Two cars were a major advantage allowing choice. Would have hated to miss out on the day at Sion for example.