Peter

Peter Steehouwer
Airshow Action Photo Gallery
http://www.steehouwer.com

http://www.facebook.com/AirshowAction

red_snow

Re: Pinky in the Loop...

Post by red_snow »

Very nice indeed, love that Tornado scheme and Poke finder lol.

I was in Barmouth today and saw the 2 Hercs come in low into the Estuary. They probably had to wait for NPAS to clear from their, sadly, presumed locating & recovery assistance tasking.

I think they were both spotted over Somerset way today as well. What part of the loop was this? I'm planning on going up Cad West with a 70-200/4 and a 300/4 on an APS-C body, too short/too long?

Thanks for posting

bigfatron

Post by bigfatron »

red_snow wrote:Very nice indeed, love that Tornado scheme and Poke finder lol.

I was in Barmouth today and saw the 2 Hercs come in low into the Estuary. They probably had to wait for NPAS to clear from their, sadly, presumed locating & recovery assistance tasking.

I think they were both spotted over Somerset way today as well. What part of the loop was this? I'm planning on going up Cad West with a 70-200/4 and a 300/4 on an APS-C body, too short/too long?

Thanks for posting

300 f4 should be fine on a crop body for Cad West, you won't fill the frame with a jet but you'll certainly have very usable stuff. I'd probably say leave the 200 in the car and save the weight for the walk up.

planenuttoo

Post by planenuttoo »

Great pics, lucky with the weather.

red_snow

Post by red_snow »

bigfatron wrote:
red_snow wrote:Very nice indeed, love that Tornado scheme and Poke finder lol.

Thanks for posting

300 f4 should be fine on a crop body for Cad West, you won't fill the frame with a jet but you'll certainly have very usable stuff. I'd probably say leave the 200 in the car and save the weight for the walk up.

Thank you my friend, very good to know. I do have a 200-500 with me but is heavy and was going to leave behind ...... Take that instead of the 70-200 or perhaps the 300 only with a 1.4? but that does push f5.6 but hoping for a few sunny rays :smile: As you say, if I can save weight then great, only been once but even the fence is a bit of a climb :lol:

red_snow

Post by red_snow »

planenuttoo wrote:Great pics, lucky with the weather.

They are a very nice set and you're spot on, lucky with the weather. This morning was pretty showery with a lot of "murk" in places, cleared quickly however.

Ranger

Post by Ranger »

it looks they are trying to tell us something from the cockpit on photo 12. They are holding up a piece of paper behind the right seated pilot so it looks.

Cheers,
Ranger

stevebrodie

Post by stevebrodie »

great shots, thought the first one did catch me out to start with, thought we had gone back in time. Dont let any daily mail readers see shot #10,will be up in arms !!!, dangerous flying, wasting tax payers money, etc, etc :lol: :lol:
Viper: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees