Tony Eastwood of AJ Aviation

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
keithjs

Tony Eastwood of AJ Aviation

Post by keithjs »

Today I was saddened to hear of the passing of Tony Eastwood, the proprietor and publisher at AJ Aviation in West Drayton. Formerly known to us all as The Aviation Hobby Shop.
I've know Tony and his wife Jan for more years than I can remember particularly in the good old days of the AHS.
Tony was a great supporter of our local model club for many years and I'm proud to have some of his books, particularly his masterpiece on Blackbushe (written by Robert Belcher but published by Tony) of which I understand there was to be a second volume.
He will be greatly missed in the spotting world and down at the Popham fly-ins and aero jumbles which he used to love attending and my sincere condolences go out to his wife Jan, his children Clare and Phillip and their many friends.
Also, ending on another sad note, I understand the shop is to close in 2 months time. End of an another era.
Last edited by keithjs on Sat 21 May 2022, 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...Rad shutters auto.

roger

Re: Tony Eastwood of AJ Aviation

Post by roger »

RIP Tony, and sincere condolences to Jan and the family.

Have happy memories of my wife and I sharing several beers with Tony and Jan on a hotel balcony overlooking Palma airport.