JASDF 777s departing Stansted + Jubilee Flypast

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

JASDF 777s departing Stansted + Jubilee Flypast

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Couple of shots I didn't post from last month. Both of these JASDF 777s were going back to Japan after Prime Minister Fumio Kishida had been in London. Given the long flights home, they used quite a lot of runway to get airborne and I didn't really go far enough along the track to clear the fence for either departure. The light had gone hazy too, but they're not something you see every day and I got a record shot of each airframe, just not the images I had in mind:

And might as well add these in from the Jubilee Flypast as the formations passed overhead Chelmsford. The flypasts are normally backlit from home so took a short walk to a nearby park to get on the sunny side, where there were quite a lot of other people gathered to watch. We didn't get any of the helos as they run in much closer to London, and the BBMF were only seen and heard off in the distance getting into formation and circling near Writtle.

I had the camera in the wrong mode for the props in the first formation:

Corrected for the next two...

...and then subsequently left on the wrong mode for the jets! :roll:

Fortunately realised my schoolboy error for the Typhoons, which was the unique part really.

And closed out by the Reds - no smoke for Chelmsford again this year. :(

"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"