Park and View?

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
tomw94

Re: Park and View?

Post by tomw94 »

is the park and view actually on the airfield, or is it one of the places that you see signed(normally on a chalk board) when going to the show. also what happens when you get there, do you just sit in your car or does a bus take you to the park and view places.

sorry for all the questions, its just i have never been to park and view before.

Batman3

Post by Batman3 »

You park in a car park as a show day then you walk into a smallish encloure on base like showday's crowdline but alot smaller.

G-BUYC

Post by G-BUYC »

The Park & View areas are both 'official' RIAT viewing enclosures on the airfield.

The following applies to the Eastern P&V (I've never been to the western area so can't comment):

You park just off the airfield and walk a short distance to the enclosure. Based on the forecast SW wind I'm assuming tomorrow's departures will be from the eastern end of the runway. The Eastern P&V is next to the runway and taxiway from the static area. Most aircraft will taxi past this enclosure VERY close - from 9 til about lunchtime is usually continuous departures of almost everything - you will have a great time!! Some of the heavies will taxi up the northern part of the airfield to depart. Hope this helps.

tomw94

Post by tomw94 »

cheers everyone

panther494

Post by panther494 »

heading for the west end :smile:
far more civillised than fighting for a spot down at the east :smile:
here's everyone's favourite photographer peter mancus[the one ejected from duxford] down at the east on thursday :grin:

what a :loser:
time for a milky brew

globemaster50

Post by globemaster50 »

Why was he thrown out of Duxford? :biggrin:

robt

Post by robt »

Stood in the West "Park And View" this morning from 9 till 1. Two things stood out... first, my astonishment when the guy on the gate said "twenty quid". Jesus, I was expecting maybe a fiver or tenner at the absolute most, but twenty?

Secondly, there was the "B-1 blast". Power was applied to get it moving across the runway from stationary, and the blast "took out" half the people in the P&V standing near the fence directly behind it, with chairs, hats and food scattered everywhere, and people being blown off their feet. Very funny indeed.

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

panther494 wrote:heading for the west end :smile:
far more civillised than fighting for a spot down at the east :smile: n captions
here's everyone's favourite photographer peter mancus[the one ejected from duxford] down at the east on thursday :grin:

what a :loser:

Could we have that first pic on captions please,mine would be " why back home in Gods country we have lenses this wide "
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place

tomw94

Post by tomw94 »

i thought the park and view today was maybe better than the actuall show, seing all those heavys and fast jets taxing buy and then taking off was amazing.

hank_marvin

Post by hank_marvin »

park and view west was great, plenty of stuff kept low for us all, could have done with a food stall type thing maybe.

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Shame that the Algerian Herc pulled up way before he reached us though. The USAF Herc 64-14854 was very good however, he kept really low right until the end of the runway before pulling up.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP