Great November light at Neuburg / Zell Air Base

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
GME-AirFoto

Great November light at Neuburg / Zell Air Base

Post by GME-AirFoto »

Here some November impressions from Neuburg Air Base, my homebase. The sun is low, warm light - I like the conditions. Here we go:

In 11/09 we had precious little air traffic in Zell from the local Typhoons, but nice visitors.

German Army Bo-105

GAF Transall & Tonka

An-26

F-16A-ADF Italian Air Force

and beautiful sunset atmosphere:

All in all it was a nice month at Zell Air Base. Hope you like the pictures.

SilverWingPix

Re: Great November light at Neuburg / Zell Air Base

Post by SilverWingPix »

Woderfull shots in brilliant conditions. Good variety too.

True the images might benefit from better editing, but good angles and motives all the way.

Egon/CPH

HOLTY

Post by HOLTY »

Sod all wrong with those in my opinion (means sod all to most on here, lol!!) those last 2 look amazing!!

Peter Catchpole

Post by Peter Catchpole »

not only look good but have captured the moment exceptionall well, lets see some more.

lightningdes

Post by lightningdes »

Ignore the criticisms,those shots are brilliant.Loving the last 2 Typhoons ,and the F-16s are a top notch too. :clap: :topbombing:

GME-AirFoto

Post by GME-AirFoto »

lightningdes wrote:Ignore the criticisms,those shots are brilliant.Loving the last 2 Typhoons ,and the F-16s are a top notch too. :clap: :topbombing:

Thank you

DanO1978 wrote:These are let down by your editing - has the Shadow/Highlight tool been used at all here?

I´m a little bit surprised about this message. Tool was used as required. Ok, I edited the pictures for exposure as main use but it should be ok on the web with this editing, too. Are you using a calibrated display??

fmansam

Post by fmansam »

Seriously, i cannot belive anyone has said anything other than awesome.......... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :loser:

something wrong with these my ar$%£........

go i wish mine were halve as good..

keep em up...totally fab :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Peter Catchpole

give the man a chance, Dan, point out the issues you have spotted, we can all learn more.

fmansam

Post by fmansam »

Im, sorry,, maybe a bit harsh in what i said, but i am an everyday viewer of this site, and i would die to have pics like that,

i personally cannot see a problem with any pic, but Peter is right lets hear Dans view, i for one could do with a few pointers..... :blinky:

Hondarider

Post by Hondarider »

Nothing wrong with these shots wish mine were as good,ignore the negative comments. :smile: :smile:

Macc

Post by Macc »

I agree with Dan to an extent but still feel these are great shots. As for negative comments, they were constructive criticisms and I'm sure the photographer is as keen to improve as anyone else.
1st and 3rd last for me. :smile:

Chris.

SilverWingPix

Post by SilverWingPix »

Macc wrote: As for negative comments, they were constructive criticisms and I'm sure the photographer is as keen to improve as anyone else.

Spot on!

Still wonderfull shots :tongue:

Egon/CPH

Peter Catchpole

I would have thought that if the comments are to be viewed as constructive then we need to see something like 'shot 1, seems to have a little too much highlight/shadow tool usage as this has caused a halo effect or colour shift around the tail, similarly on shot x, y etc' Instead of we get 'These are let down by your editing'

Come on Dan, put us our misery and impart some of your expertise.

StevenH

Post by StevenH »

Dan is spot on with what he says, the shadows/highlights tool should be viewed with disdain and avoided. As he says some of the shots are pretty good but the editing has let most of them down with them looking un-natural. If you post shots on a public forum and enjoy it when people pat you on the back then you have to also be ready to accept it when someone offers constructive criticism and not get all upset.
Ignore the criticism

Yes, that's how we learn isn't it, ignoring valid feedback... :roll:

GME-AirFoto

Post by GME-AirFoto »

StevenH wrote:Dan is spot on with what he says, the shadows/highlights tool should be viewed with disdain and avoided. As he says some of the shots are pretty good but the editing has let most of them down with them looking un-natural. If you post shots on a public forum and enjoy it when people pat you on the back then you have to also be ready to accept it when someone offers constructive criticism and not get all upset.

Better??

Macc

Post by Macc »

It is Mathias, it's quite a bit sharper. :clap: Respect for going and working with constructive critiscm. :smile:

Chris

fmansam

Post by fmansam »

I am not questioning Dans ability, i was more miffed that the comment was made, then no attempt to explain or assist in letting anyone know what the problem was, im sure everyone hates comments etc, but will take them if given .....

lets just enjoy the pics me thinks.............

foxfour

Post by foxfour »

Firstly some excellent captures there, well done. As regards the post processing comments by others I would say that DanO's initial comment didn't strike me as particularly friendly, it may have been intended as constructive criticism but that's not how it came over when I first read it. Post processing can make or break a picture and whilst it is noticeable in some of these I don't think they've been ruined because of it.

TsAGI

Post by TsAGI »

You admit yourself to using the tool - it serves only to give a picture an unnatural haloing and artificial look.

Dan is spot on with what he says, the shadows/highlights tool should be viewed with disdain and avoided

Dear oh dear, more blunt tools at work. Au contraire, H&S is not a crime. Adobe went to time and trouble to provide it. It is as much a blunt a tool as any other in Photoshop... when you don't know how to use it.

препровождайте к смерти