Al Ain 2010 Miss Demeanour

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
MrAngry2

Re: Al Ain 2010 Miss Demeanour

Post by MrAngry2 »

Oh my :drool:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardjudge/

Biggin Hill international cheese fair 2011 (TBC)

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack »

Thanks a bunch guys......... now I'm going to have to have my ego surgically removed just so I can fit in the cockpit!
Seriously, I thought John Dibbs's photo of her on her wing tip was unbeatable, but Frans's ones in the vertical are way up there.
At the time I didn't think the shoot was going well. All last minute, too short a brief, too late in the morning so we'd lost the good light, experienced hunter pilot flying the Strikie but not done air to air before and just after the vertical shot was taken, I was transmitting "I'm out of here" and unloaded to ballistic as the needle passed 130Kts!
And the video of the low flying........... been great if we'd taken some :biggrin:

Macc

Post by Macc »

Flapjack, you have given low flying a second meaning.. :wink:
Nice one!

Chris

Kokpit

Post by Kokpit »

I can only echo the sentiments of those before me, simply amazing, I'm winching my jaw back up as I type. :clap:

Kev.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Off the wall shots..totally pin sharp and testament to both pilot and the lucky photographer who had the privilage of sitting in the Strikemaster with you!!!
Well done both.

The vertical shot is superb. :clap:

Neil.

Dean F

Post by Dean F »

WOW!!!!
Credit to Frans for those shots.
Credit to you for the flying, "how low" in that last shot???????
Dont fancy going that low next time youre over White Waltham do you Flapjack? :grin:
Dean :smile:
CANON 1D Mk3
CANON 40D
CANON 100-400 L IS
CANON 70-200 F2.8 L
CANON 24-70 F2.8 L
CANON 17-40 L

tu114cleat

Post by tu114cleat »

This thread should carry a health warning for oldies like me!
Superb photography and teamwork. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack »

bimmerboy wrote:wow she is looking great and the pics are stunning are you going to be at southend with her this year displaying

Not up to me, you need to petition Southend DC and TSA Consulting who organise the show.
One contact from the public is worth 100 of my phone calls, emails etc :smile:

MrAngry2

Post by MrAngry2 »

In that case im petitioning Clacton again, if you do go give us a wave on the peir this time :shock:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardjudge/

Biggin Hill international cheese fair 2011 (TBC)

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack »

Dean F wrote:WOW!!!!

Height? Don't know, maybe 5-6ft over the tops of the dunes, certainly never less than 4ft. That's why I wanted video. These were the hi-level shots! :biggrin:
You just settle down to a comfortable height where you know you're low and in the groove but not low enough to be of concern or ever get close to thinking "ooops that was low over that".
Doing about 280 - 320 Kts when with the Strikie and in excess of 500Kts alone (you are NOT looking inside!). It's actually very serene which makes it so enjoyable.
You descend from 1000'-500' having picked the route, making sure it's clear of dune buggies, camels etc (not joking) and settle down for the ride, nice an smooth.
Over water is trickier, you have to feel for the ground effect. When you start to feel you have to push to get lower, don't!
Put another way, if asked 'would' I fly lower the answer would be no but 'could' I fly lower, yes, but I wouldn't enjoy it and I only do what I enjoy :rock:

wilbod

Post by wilbod »

Stunning shots by Frans Dely and amazing flying too. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Airshow Action

Post by Airshow Action »

Hi Flapjack !

Yes GREAT pictures !! :clap:
Was nice to meet you again this time @ Al Ain

Greetings

Peter Steehouwer
Peter Steehouwer
Airshow Action Photo Gallery
http://www.steehouwer.com

http://www.facebook.com/AirshowAction

ALAN L

Post by ALAN L »

Rather than start a new thread,I thought that I would post on this one as it was relevant.

Jonathan,can I say how much I enjoyed your article of the trials and tribulations involved in getting to and displaying at Al Ain, in the new issue of Aircraft.
What with that and the photography,one of the best things I have read in a long while!

Regards,Alan
Classic Flight volunteer, Hunter Flight Academy groundie and a member of the Beech restorations team.

Petedcollins

Post by Petedcollins »

Flapjack wrote:
Dean F wrote:WOW!!!!

Height? Don't know, maybe 5-6ft over the tops of the dunes, certainly never less than 4ft. That's why I wanted video. These were the hi-level shots! :biggrin:
You just settle down to a comfortable height where you know you're low and in the groove but not low enough to be of concern or ever get close to thinking "ooops that was low over that".
Doing about 280 - 320 Kts when with the Strikie and in excess of 500Kts alone (you are NOT looking inside!). It's actually very serene which makes it so enjoyable.
You descend from 1000'-500' having picked the route, making sure it's clear of dune buggies, camels etc (not joking) and settle down for the ride, nice an smooth.
Over water is trickier, you have to feel for the ground effect. When you start to feel you have to push to get lower, don't!
Put another way, if asked 'would' I fly lower the answer would be no but 'could' I fly lower, yes, but I wouldn't enjoy it and I only do what I enjoy :rock:

Take my hat off to you man

Seriously good flying, even better when you enjoy it as you obviously do

I look forward to seeing you at Biggin and gimme a wave in the grandstand :D