Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Mon 01 Sep 2008, 6:33 am
- Location: Oldenzaal, NL
Could somebody help me identifying this Tucano?
It landed at Nellis AFB on march 5th with callsign “Pony 1”.
The number on the plane says 163056 but in all databases that is a MH-53E.
thanks helping me with the puzzle...
Nikon 70-300 + 200-500
- UKAR Staff
- Posts: 1545
- Joined: Fri 29 Aug 2008, 11:21 pm
- Location: West Coast of Scotland
That'll be one of the beasties that USSOCOM are using to evaluate the SuperTuc as a CAS/ISTAR asset for special forces, believe the navy are the ones operating it? Fantastic catch!
- Posts: 866
- Joined: Mon 08 Sep 2008, 7:25 pm
One suspects with the purpose of all the bits and pieces attached, and the lack of markings, the operator would rather we didn't know...
- Posts: 3286
- Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 10:55 am
- Location: Edinburgh
It says 'Fury' on the rear of the aircraft.
- UKAR Supporter
- Posts: 989
- Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 5:13 pm
- Location: Near LHR
The programme that this aircraft is being reviewed under is "Imminent Fury".
The Bu No. on the side of the aircraft is false and is in fact correctly associated with a MH-53E.
These aircraft, if purchased, will provide air support for Navy SEAL type activities, hence the Navy bureau number.
Of note is the rearing stallion on the engine cover.
A great catch of a very interesting machine.
Aviation photographer - Achievement unlocked
- Posts: 1309
- Joined: Sat 06 Sep 2008, 8:35 pm
- Location: Hertfordshire
Great catch, one for the mags??
- Posts: 359
- Joined: Mon 01 Sep 2008, 9:53 am
Last edited by 747woody
on Wed 17 Mar 2010, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Fri 12 Sep 2008, 6:53 am
- Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
Great catch! I really love the Super Tuc!
Isn't it from Blackwater?
Next month there will be dozens of them here, can't wait to see those humming birds.
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat 21 Nov 2009, 7:55 pm
Can't see any DAS... Theatre Entry Standard....? Great catch though.
- Posts: 260
- Joined: Mon 01 Sep 2008, 8:52 pm
My word, I bet 'they' would rather you hadn't taken a photo of that......lovely catch....get it to the mags!
- UKAR Supporter
- Posts: 3384
- Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 9:14 pm
- Location: Rochester,Kent.
now thats a sexy aircraft!!!
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Sat 17 Oct 2009, 10:04 pm
- Location: North Staffordshire
This is similar to the Supertuc the R A F are looking at for use in Afghanistan. With its 6 hour endurance they are looking at a system similar to cab rank used in ww2.