More from Wiltshire...

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
Cliffair

More from Wiltshire...

Post by Cliffair »

Just a few from that place in Wiltshire.... These were from day 1 so rather quiet...

C/C welcome thanks for looking a few more are on the web site
http://cliffibell.fotopic.net

RickIngham

Re: More from Wiltshire...

Post by RickIngham »

Great shots, I knew you were keen to get these on and shot 3 does it to me - love it when they touch down on once wheel :rock:

Michael Frodsham

Post by Michael Frodsham »

Some great images mate, looking forward to getting mine sorted. Just hope the Dutch idiots on Tuesday dont spoil it for you guys that are regulars down their. The Army guys were not at all happy with them and their total disregard to the instructions that they have been given

RickIngham

Post by RickIngham »

Michael Frodsham wrote:Just hope the Dutch idiots on Tuesday dont spoil it for you guys that are regulars down their. The Army guys were not at all happy with them and their total disregard to the instructions that they have been given

I'd be very suprised to see the FARP in a public area next time, for photographers to be the first subject in the exercise meeting it must have been a pretty big concern to the organisers and 16AAB.

chally2

Post by chally2 »

Nice set, like the Junglie very much :smile:

Regardless of the positon of the FARP, which has baffled me for a few years, it amazes me that people of all nationalities ignore requests not to walk in front of Helo's, just so they can get a better angle shows a complete disregard of the importance of the exercise and also, much less important, puts the access we have at risk......

TonyO

Post by TonyO »

I heard the Dutch were extremely well behaved, and it was one British chap who arrived later on in the day who was stood with them got a telling off, and when I say telling off, it was always polite. As an aside, following the rule of not standing in the direction of aircraft flight was rather tricky, on at least three occasions I found myself head-on to an Apache which had decided to turn towards after take off, who's in the wrong then? :smile:
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?

Razor61

Post by Razor61 »

We were with a Dutch guy all day on Wednesday and he was very polite, and a good laugh. He knew what was okay and what wasn't. Only four of us there all morning until mid afternoon when it got busier.
The Dutch chap (Perry) was telling me that he was asking people not to walk infront of the helicopters when he was there the other day and they were completely ignoring his advice and kept walking infront. Nationalities were Dutch, French and Belgian (and British). The CO came over and told some people to go. He also said that some people parked between the mats on the track!

We can't all blame the Dutch etc for misbehaviour as this particular Dutchman was a really nice chap and respectful of the TSW guys and i'd be happy to see him again there plus i hope to see some of his photos.

Funnily enough, a British chap turned up in the afternoon and all he did was walk infront of the mats even though he kept telling everyone he knew what was what and had been in Netheravon with the guys etc. You just can't advise people there, it has to come from the CO and even then, they ignore his advice sometimes and it's then that the issues start as had happened.

Nice to meet some of the usual faces.

The light in the late afternoon was fantastic, especially when we got a Merlin Mk3A doing a nice flare into the FRP!
Rich C

SPTA Enthusiasts Forum
http://spta.proboards84.com/index.cgi?

Razor61

Post by Razor61 »

TonyO wrote:I heard the Dutch were extremely well behaved, and it was one British chap who arrived later on in the day who was stood with them got a telling off, and when I say telling off, it was always polite. As an aside, following the rule of not standing in the direction of aircraft flight was rather tricky, on at least three occasions I found myself head-on to an Apache which had decided to turn towards after take off, who's in the wrong then? :smile:

Tony,
Let you into what happened there.
The apaches were doing the normal departures until a door gunner from 9 Regt came over to us at the fence post where we were when you arrived.
He was after photos of 9 Regt but said the Apache crews wanted loads too. He drove into the CO tent area and came out, since then, the Apaches seemed to have forgot about the normal departures and were basically heading straight for us.
No matter where we moved (thinking we better not stand here as they are now departing towards us) they kept coming right for us. On several occasions they were so low, i only managed to get just the Gun and Sensors on the front.... and since that point, all they did then was wave and smile with one pilot laughing. (American).

It went from one extreme to another but it was fun.
What did you manage to get after we departed?
Rich C

SPTA Enthusiasts Forum

TonyO

Post by TonyO »

We had another couple of Apaches and the MX-15-equipped Lynx AH9 on the pads, I'll post a few pics at some point.
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?

Razor61

Post by Razor61 »

Had the MX15 come over the car down at Bravo Crossing.
Endex now... been an interesting few weeks albeit very quiet compared to the usual!
Rich C

SPTA Enthusiasts Forum