Joint Warrior 10-2

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
138EAW

Joint Warrior 10-2

Post by 138EAW »

Joint Warrior 10-2 starts in a week or so. Bit of Info here http://www.raf.mod.uk/crowales/exercise ... or2010.cfm

There will be in the region of 35 aircraft, Support and Attack helicopters from all three UK services augmented by visiting NATO and Allied Air Forces. UK participation includes Tornado GR4, VC10 and Tristar AAR, E3D and Hawk. Allied and visiting air participants, including F15Cs from RAF Lakenheath, up to12 Swedish Air Force Gripen multirole aircraft deployed to RAF Lossiemouth , NATO E3A and P3 Maritime Patrol Aircraft from Germany and Norway based at RAF Kinloss. It is planned to fly approximately 65 combat and support missions per day on day and night sorties throughout the period. Limited night and weekend flying will be undertaken from RAF Lossiemouth and RAF Kinloss.

Could be one of the better ones for a year or so :smile:
Gary

TomTwin

Re: Joint Warrior 10-2

Post by TomTwin »

I seriously wish some of them would come near Wrexham! Would be nice to see a Gripen over here :smile:

Craig

Post by Craig »

And it's the week before half term. Fail. :sad:

Macc

Post by Macc »

Second week is the first week of my holidays. :handbag:
I know where I'll be going..

Chris.

eng3

Post by eng3 »

Hi, excellent, now planning to get up to Lossiemouth for a couple of days during the exercise :smile:

jaguarfarewellday

Post by jaguarfarewellday »

marham had 2x mirages last year :music: now........
what we have here is a complete lack of respect for the law !

toom317
UKAR Supporter

Post by toom317 »

What are the dates for the Ex, I can't find them anywhere?
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

4 – 15 Oct 2010 :smile:
Gary

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

Just hoping to get a long weekend covering the 8th to the 11th,was going to try and get a day up at Lossie and also try the Borders region,anyone got good info on best places to be in the Borders for military aircraft blast pasts? I also need a bit of info on transport to Lossie! Thanks!
Card carrying aviation addict!

MADPIX

Post by MADPIX »

You could try the moffat pass down south of Edinburgh. That's a popular low level area. What transport info do you need?

McG

Post by McG »

Seawaves is reporting there will be 40 Warships taking part, all paying a visit to either Glasgow or Faslane.

toom317
UKAR Supporter

Post by toom317 »

Tomcat, thanks :smile:

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

Thanks MADPIX,Moffat Pass it is then! Any info on buses there,as travelling from Edinburgh? Was also hoping to gain some info on heading to Lossie,but I can't see anything connecting from Inverness or Aberdeen! Info would be greatly appreciated thanks! This is all if the weather is calm!

typhoondaz

Post by typhoondaz »

stratocaster wrote:Thanks MADPIX,Moffat Pass it is then! Any info on buses there,as travelling from Edinburgh? Was also hoping to gain some info on heading to Lossie,but I can't see anything connecting from Inverness or Aberdeen! Info would be greatly appreciated thanks! This is all if the weather is calm!

If you take the Aberdeen to Inverness Stagecoach and get off at Elgin you should be able to get a bus to Lossiemouth.

toom317
UKAR Supporter

Post by toom317 »

Strato, there's no real bus service in the Moffat valley. There is a summer tourist bus that leaves Selkirk around 10 ish, but it gets to Moffat and more or less heads back straight away. If I remember correctly, on its way back it stops at Bowhill around 15.30.

Just seen the times for the TTA being active in S-M. 08.00-17.30, weekdays for the two weeks. Experience has taught me this usually means the kiss off death for any low flying while the exercise is on.

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

Cheers for the info,May see what happens then,might just head to Lossie being the safest transport bet! Thanks folks!

davedogman

Post by davedogman »

So the RAF said up to 12 Gripens would show up.

They had bad intel...

Sweden sent 14 Gripens! :rock:

TomTwin

Post by TomTwin »

Are any jets coming to LFA 7 in this exercise?

Macc

Post by Macc »

stratocaster wrote:Thanks MADPIX,Moffat Pass it is then! Any info on buses there,as travelling from Edinburgh? Was also hoping to gain some info on heading to Lossie,but I can't see anything connecting from Inverness or Aberdeen! Info would be greatly appreciated thanks! This is all if the weather is calm!

You can get the Aberdeen-Inverness train, then walk to the bus station and catch the bus to Lossiemouth.

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

Thanks to all who gave wee tips etc! Went to Moffat and it's a really nice wee place! Did manage to see 2 Tornado GR4's fly low, very fast and noisy (the way I like to see it!) down the M74 corridor between Crawford and Moffat,,pity I was on the bus at the time or they would have been on stills and camcorder! It's do-able,,but your own transport is better than a bus!