Airshow Turkiye 2011, International Spotters Day

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Aviation PhotoCrew

Airshow Turkiye 2011, International Spotters Day

Post by Aviation PhotoCrew »

On behalf of the Centennial Team and the Turkish Airforce, we would like to invite all the aviation enthousiasts and photographers to take part in the very first Spottersday in Turkey.

This event will take place in the same week as the 100th Anniversary Airshow, "Air Show Turkiye 2011" at Cigli Airbase, near Izmir.

There will be two dates where we would like to welcome the spotters; on friday june 3th for the arrivals and rehursals of that day, and on monday june 6th for the departures.
The spottersday will become a worldclass event for all the aviation enthousiasts, with a very attractive package, and superb locations at the airbase to take your pictures.

More information will be posted in time, but here is a little teaser just to warm you up:

You will be able to photograph nearly every type in the inventory of the Turkish Airforce.
Foreign participation is very broad and exciting, and the first 4 countries with aircraft participation for you are: Greece, Algeria, Belarus and Pakistan.

In coorporation with the Izmir Tourist Board, there will be special rates offered to all spotters for accomodation; more info on this subject later.

greetz, Eric
Aviation PhotoCrew

frank

Re: Airshow Turkiye 2011, International Spotters Day

Post by frank »

Hi Eric
Thank you for posting this information. No doubt there will be great interest in attending your 100th Anniversary show and we look forward to hearing more about the participation but also just as important the arrangements for us to book hotels and transport to and from the Air Base. This is because few of us will have had experience of visiting Turkey to attend air shows and we would very much welcome advice and help on getting there and back safely.
I and am sure all of UKAR wish you well on this 100th Anniversary show.

kind regards Frank

TonyO

Post by TonyO »

Will the Greeks do an airfield attack?
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?

Mictheslik

Post by Mictheslik »

TonyO wrote:Will the Greeks do an airfield attack?

:grin: :grin:

.mic
Mictheslik Aviation Photography

Remember when we went to Payerne on that Wednesday?

frank

Post by frank »

Yeah that will go down very well with our Turkish friend I am sure :down:

Rob666

Post by Rob666 »

This event sounds excellent. :rock:

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Might be on static though..linky :shock:

TonyO

Post by TonyO »

The Turkish Stars were invited to attend the Archangel Airshow at Tanagra in 2005 but never showed up.
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?

Aviation PhotoCrew

frank wrote:Hi Eric
Thank you for posting this information. No doubt there will be great interest in attending your 100th Anniversary show and we look forward to hearing more about the participation but also just as important the arrangements for us to book hotels and transport to and from the Air Base. This is because few of us will have had experience of visiting Turkey to attend air shows and we would very much welcome advice and help on getting there and back safely.
I and am sure all of UKAR wish you well on this 100th Anniversary show.

kind regards Frank

Frank,

I will post updates as soon as they are released; I guarantee you all this will be one of the best spotterdays you've ever been to: both in aircraft participation and overall spotter facilities!

greetz & a happy 2011, Eric

Bandit01

Post by Bandit01 »

Hello Eric,

Many thanks for the information, we will certainly attend the show and both the spottersdays and we have already booked our tickets but you said something about special rates for the hotels? Is it possible to get some more info about that because we can't wait much longer to make reservations.

Thanks!
Once a sheep always a sheep....

8TH FS
49TH FW
Holloman AFB, New Mexico

Visit us @ www.bandit-shirts.be

Nielis

Post by Nielis »

Is It already known with which aircraft Pakistan,Algeria,Belarus and greece will participate

Nielis

Post by Nielis »

Eric,

Do you have any idea when the website become available

Aviation PhotoCrew

Bandit01 wrote:Hello Eric,

Many thanks for the information, we will certainly attend the show and both the spottersdays and we have already booked our tickets but you said something about special rates for the hotels? Is it possible to get some more info about that because we can't wait much longer to make reservations.

Thanks!

He Bandit,

it's just a bit too early for all that; plans are worked out at this very moment with the Izmir Tourist Board to give you guys good deals, though the Izmir region offers a wide variety of accomodation from cheap to 5 stars! If you can't wait just google around a bit ;)
The first website that will be operational regarding all the events is for the spottersdays, but a bit more patience please! Ooh and you certainly will not be dissapointed!

happy 2011, Eric

Aviation PhotoCrew

Nielis wrote:Is It already known with which aircraft Pakistan,Algeria,Belarus and greece will participate

More or less Nielis, but all I can say at this time is some patience please and you will be rewarded with loud screaming foreign jet engines :cool:

happy 2011, Eric

Nielis

Post by Nielis »

Oke thanks, I'm really looking forward to it. When can we expect the info about the aircraft types?

greetings,

Niels ( A impatient kerosine addict )

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

I'm there! :drool:

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Its getting harder and harder to pick what shows to go to next year :P

I am especially intrigued by the participation of the Belorussians...

Whats the easiest way of getting there, as in what international airport is closest?

Aviation PhotoCrew

Hey Agg,

that's an easy one :heyhey: If you fly THY from the UK, you got a connection that brings you directly to Izmir!

Not the military airbase of course, but once there - it's a very popular tourist destination - you'll find your way around :cool:

greetz, eric

Mictheslik

Post by Mictheslik »

EasyJet also fly to Izmir on 3 of the days of the week from london (I think Gatwick or possibly Luton)

.mic
Mictheslik Aviation Photography

Remember when we went to Payerne on that Wednesday?

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Thanks guys :)

Im in Norway, but it looks like there are quite a few airlines flying to Izmir from here as well, now to convince my girlfriend that we need to go to Turkey this summer :P

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Aviation PhotoCrew wrote: You will be able to photograph nearly every type in the inventory of the Turkish Airforce.
Foreign participation is very broad and exciting, and the first 4 countries with aircraft participation for you are: Greece, Algeria, Belarus and Pakistan.

Does this mean the gorgeous F-4Es/ RF4Es of the Turkish Air Force will be on show also?

How about some Algerian Su24s/Su30s? Belarusian Su27s/Su25s/Su24s/MiG 29s/An12? Pakistan Mirage IIIs/ Mirage 5s/ JF-17s/F-16s/F-7s? :drool: :drool:

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

This is on my 'to do' list too, sounds too good to miss!
Eric, do you know whether there'll be any buses put on for the show? Just wondering whether I'll need to hire a car :smile:

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

DeanW wrote:This is on my 'to do' list too, sounds too good to miss!

+1 :biggrin:

Aviation PhotoCrew

DeanW wrote:This is on my 'to do' list too, sounds too good to miss!
Eric, do you know whether there'll be any buses put on for the show? Just wondering whether I'll need to hire a car :smile:

Dean,

I have no idea actually, I know it's one of the topics on the table but I don't think you gonna have any problems finding your way to the airbase, as they expect 80.000 visitors on both showdays. Know that there are already activities from monday May 30th onwards, so there will be a decent traffic plan by June. I keep you informed on that one.

greetz, Eric

Aviation PhotoCrew

Agg wrote:Thanks guys :)

Im in Norway, but it looks like there are quite a few airlines flying to Izmir from here as well, now to convince my girlfriend that we need to go to Turkey this summer :P

Hot temperatures, cheap and great food, blue sea, lots of souvenirshops , :icecream:

greetz, Eric