RNAS Culdrose and Predannack Visit

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
RickIngham

Post by RickIngham »

30th June 2011 | 13:00 – 16:30

Again, I hope the UKAR mods don't mind - this is exclusively for UKAR members! This will be the last one - if I get anymore I will have to start a new page on my site...

After seeing the amount of emails I received after obtaining those ten places for Cosford, I’d thought I would get hold of my contact and arrange a visit to RNAS Culdrose and Predannack for the good people of UKAR!

Just to make it clear, I’m not a tour operator – just a keen photographer to get out and photograph something different! I seem to get a better response asking for several places rather than just myself so this is my new approach to it...

I’ve managed to arrange a tour for 30th June 2011 at 13:00 – 16:30. This should allow people travelling some time getting down and should hopefully bring some better light...

This should be one of the first opportunities to photograph the new Royal Navy King Air aircraft. Also of interest are the 14 Sea Harrier FA2 and 2 Sea Harrier T8 aircraft on the dummy deck and also a single Sea Harrier, 5 Harrier GR3 and 2 Harrier T4 at Predannack.
You will also see Seakings, Merlins, Hawks and alsorts of treasures there…

A link to a review of a visit to Culdrose can be found here: http://www.chrisglobe.com/web/index.php ... predannack

I will be getting a full list of aircraft in the near future so when I have my places filled I will email them across.
I’m keeping the numbers I have to my chest to prevent chaos, when I posted the Cosford tour they were all sold out within 2 hours!

Just to be clear, RNAS Culdrose is having runway works done which should be complete by 1st June but there MAY be a possibility that the works may be late. I very much doubt it but I have to mention it...
I also reserve the right to cancel the visit at any point, as do RNAS Culdrose.

The cost of the tour will be £10 which I will collect at the meeting place.
All money will be donated to the RNAS Culdrose and not myself.
Please only register if you are available on that date. This is superb opportunity and I know loads of people will be interested in the spaces I’ve been given.
Because of that I would ask people not to register places to bring their partner’s along purely as this is a rare visit and people will be disappointed not to get a place. If someone emails me asking to save a place for their friend, I need their details too otherwise I can't save that spot.

This tour requires long periods of standing up and walking about so people registering need to be able to do this for a good few hours and keep to a reasonable pace. Apologies if this offends anyone but I hope you can appreciate how in demand these places are.

To register, please visit my site http://www.rickinghamphotography.co.uk and have a look at all my pictures. Then click ‘Make Contact’ in the menu then choose ‘Contact Me’. You need to send me:
- Your Full Name
- Contact Number
- Address
When I organised the Cosford tour some people left their details off which made them miss out as it’s a first come (and send your details) first served basis.

I look forward to seeing some of you in sunny Cornwall in June!
Last edited by RickIngham on Fri 07 Jan 2011, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RickIngham

Re: RNAS Culdrose and Predannack Visit

Post by RickIngham »

Everyone who has emailed me is on. Will send a mass email out when the spaces are full (which won't be long at all)...

RickIngham

Post by RickIngham »

All places have now gone.

RickIngham

Post by RickIngham »

I have had three cancellations, so if anyone would like to attend then please email me via http://www.rickinghamphotography.co.uk ASAP!
Because I am confined to my mobile at the moment I won't easily be able to see I have PM's here, which is why I ask to be emailed. Thanks.

rig_pig_78

Post by rig_pig_78 »

First time I've seen this post, but as I'm working there already, i suppose that counts me 'in' anyway!

Do you know what your station tour is going to consist of Rick? We often have tours come around MDMF/MFSU so if you do, I'll try and show my face!

RickIngham

Post by RickIngham »

All of it, including the MDSH - i'l keep my eyes out, would be good to see you again...

1 more place has become available if anyone is interested...

theskunk

Post by theskunk »

Rick

Is the last place going yet, would be interested.

Cheers

Gary
Canon EOS 6D
Canon EF 24-105mm f4 L IS
Canon EF 100-400mm L IS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theskunk/

RickIngham

Post by RickIngham »

3 more places are now available - Skunk email me your email, number and address if you still wish to come along.

Please only sign up if you can make it. Thanks in advance!

rig_pig_78

Post by rig_pig_78 »

The official itinerary for this trip landed in our office on Friday, looks like a very comprehensive and interesting visit. Highly recommended!

Martin the Martian

Post by Martin the Martian »

Great day, Rick. Nicely done and well organised. Top notch!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
50 Shades of Grey: sounds like a paint chart for modern jets