Hill Aerospace museum

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
rf104g

Hill Aerospace museum

Post by rf104g »

Past the Hill Aerospace museum during travel in the USA

The museum was founded in 1981 as a part of the United States Air Force Heritage Program and first opened in 1986. situated at Wardleigh Road approximately five miles south of Ogden, Utah. Admission to the museum is free and it opens seven days a week from 9am to 4.30pm, The museum has an excellent collection of over 60 aircraft and is well worth a visit. Although some off the exhibits are very close together.
For a full report have a look at our website.

Thanks for looking.

Regards Ronald.

http://www.Karo-Aviation.nl

Sid-104

Re: Hill Aerospace museum

Post by Sid-104 »

Paid a visit three years ago and it is indeed a fine collection. An F-104 had just arrived a week or two before and was on a trailer behind one of the museum buildings. I see from your website, Ronald, that it's still under restoration. As with most US museums the quality of the exhibits are very high so I'm sure it will be 'as new' when it finally goes on display.

Sid.

wamovements

Post by wamovements »

Funny to read in your report that the present F-16 is one of the first opeartional ones, as this F-16 is actually USAF F-16 173!!!
Starting from Issue 406 Scramble Magazine is a full colour magazine, another reason to subscribe!

rf104g

Post by rf104g »

I stand corrected, that’s what you get for not totally checking the info in the museum.
But then F-16’s are really not my thing.
It’s like what a SU-22 pilot in Poland stated; it’s a plastic fantastic flaptop :-) .

Regards Ronald.

http://www.Karo-Aviation.nl

swingy

Post by swingy »

I agree a great museum and nice to see they have not changed much since my last visit they even still have the snow. Love the B52 shot. :clap: :clap:

Worldnis

Post by Worldnis »

It's a nice museum, but as is the case with many museums, they try to show 'all' they got in a small space. Stacking two or three high is not unusual. Shame that their beautofully restored aircraft have to live in such close quarters. Thanks for posting, and what a little snow can do to the scenery.

Rob
Prepare for the next mission, Darling.

Blue_2

Post by Blue_2 »

Thanks for sharing your shots. That Globemaster II looks in really good nick! :D
Meteor WS788/ Chippy WK640 Restoration Project, YAM
Shack WR963, Coventry
Other types meddled with by request!