Review of my (Japan) year.

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
leonardm

Review of my (Japan) year.

Post by leonardm »

I have always thought about doing a review of the year type post. The great posts by others got me motivated to actually doing it this year. Being based in Japan I thought this might be of interest.

1). Narashino New Years Paradrop display kicked off the year early with the annual new year paradrop at narashino. freezing cold but typical clear weather for that time of year.

2). Atsugi for a couple of visits whilst the airwing were there. This years open house was better than normal with an actual flying display of sorts with some USM Ch-46 which (for me at least) have been difficult to catch.

3). Hyakuri USMC. In feb I got the heads up of US marine F-18 deployment to Hyakuri. I managed to get them in nice weather and caught the AV-8 which was only there for 1 day.

4). Hyakuri aggressors. Once again got word about a Hyakuri deployment. This time the aggressors were going to be there for about 2 weeks. My info was slightly wrong and I only managed to catch them as they departed back to Nyutabaru. Shouldn’t grumble though.

5). Tateyama Open House is always good but this year suffered rather bad weather and not many visitors.

7). Yokota O.H. always turns up something interesting and chance to see some heavy metal and some aircraft from outside Japan which is always a bonus in a country that doesnt get many overseas visitors...

8). Misawa with its mix of US and Japan fighters is one of the best shows but rained almost all day this year.

9). Kisarazu oh. Only the second time I have been here. Great weather which is needed for these machines.

10). Hyakuri oh. As there hasn’t been a O.H for a couple of years I didn’t really know what to expect. As others have posted it turned out to be a great show. One for the highlights of the year for sure.

11). Iruma oh was blessed with good weather. I have been after a top side of a C-1 for a while and with some fast jet displays and F-15 departing on the day made the trip worthwhile.

Well that’s pretty much my 2012. Happy new year and good luck to all in 2013 !

KAM68

Re: Review of my (Japan) year.

Post by KAM68 »

Excellent year / set leonardm :cool:

SamP

Re: Review of my (Japan) year.

Post by SamP »

Cracking selection of images, Japan is one place I'd love to go!