Zeltweg AirPower 2013

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
antal

Re: Zeltweg AirPower 2013

Post by antal »

alizam wrote:Apparently italian RSV intend to participate

http://www.airholic.it/air/?page_id=3828

I think this is (for now) the wrong information. They coppied the info from the Italian defence page that put the wrong info on their own page (they corrected it now).

I think the RSV will do a few shows (like Zeltweg) but nothing official at this time.

Antal

beduggah

Post by beduggah »

Traveller wrote:Just ben trying to read up on this. WIll be my first time this year. The talk about being hardly able to move on the Saturday and miles of traffic has led me to think this won't be a family weekend but rather me alone camping! Then I saw this off the 2011 website 'Please note that there is only used water and no shower facilities at the two campsites.' WTF!!!!

There are nice & clean showers and watertoilets in a sportsbuilding 5 min walk from the camp I was in. (next to the airshow). Everything you need is a short walkingdistance away. Lidl, wineshop, restaurant, foodstands. Only portapotti's on the camping area though

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Patrulla Aguila confirmed!

Website has been updated but with no aircraft participants yet!

p2philip

Post by p2philip »

Not the latest news but since there are still no participants on the website:

+ Turkish Stars
+ RNLAF F-16

The OV-10 Bronco, a Fouga Magister (EADS?) and Spitfire should also be there according to a local Newspaper.

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Sadly there is apparently no real star item this year, compared to Saudi EF and Hawks in 2011. Glad I did not purchase the spotter ticket, Kecskemet has compared far better participants list.

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Yeah, I have to agree with Eizo here.

Zeltweg has in recent years given RIAT (even a good RIAT) a run for its money, but this year looks slightly disappointing. I am quite glad that I decided to focus on the Phantom Farewell event at Wittmund that weekend instead.

I still fully intend to do Zeltweg again in 2015, assuming that it sticks to its biennial schedule.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

p2philip

Post by p2philip »

Skyflash wrote:Yeah, I have to agree with Eizo here.

Zeltweg has in recent years given RIAT (even a good RIAT) a run for its money, but this year looks slightly disappointing.

Huh? The list looks almost identical to 2011 so far and that year was far from disappointing....amazing how quickly people get spoilt. Some nice classic jets there as well and I guess there are still some things to come.

Great to see the Czech Hind Flying again!

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Eizo wrote:Sadly there is apparently no real star item this year, compared to Saudi EF and Hawks in 2011. Glad I did not purchase the spotter ticket, Kecskemet has compared far better participants list.

Probably a good thing that the above link doesn't show the finalised participation list doesn't it then :wink: It's only early April - still plenty of time! :smile:

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

p2philip wrote:
Skyflash wrote:Yeah, I have to agree with Eizo here.

Zeltweg has in recent years given RIAT (even a good RIAT) a run for its money, but this year looks slightly disappointing.

Huh? The list looks almost identical to 2011 so far and that year was far from disappointing....amazing how quickly people get spoilt. Some nice classic jets there as well and I guess there are still some things to come.

Great to see the Czech Hind Flying again!

Don't worry, it's probably just me. I am inclined towards gentle pessimism.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Mictheslik

Post by Mictheslik »

Even without all the classic stuff you've got:

Typhoon
F16
FA18
Mig29
Gripen

All flying.....

That's better than most RIATs already! (unless 5 near-identical F16 displays floats your boat :lmao: )

.mic
Mictheslik Aviation Photography

Remember when we went to Payerne on that Wednesday?

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Mictheslik wrote:Even without all the classic stuff you've got:

Typhoon
F16
FA18
Mig29
Gripen

All flying.....

That's better than most RIATs already! (unless 5 near-identical F16 displays floats your boat :lmao: )

.mic

:sleepy:

So all of those bar the F-18 flew at RIAT last year, where you had Rafale. When did you see the 5 F-16 displays, because I missed that one? :roll:

As for better than most RIATs, I'll just quote 2 hours of 1997 - F-4, F-104, Mirage F1, Viggen, MiG23, F-16, Tornado F3, Mirage 2000, MiG29, Su27, Su30. (Other RIATs can also be quoted, conditions apply.)

And yes, I've been to AirPower, great show, superb venue, abysmal static layout, but I'm not going to start running it down.
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

p2philip

Post by p2philip »

When did you see the 5 F-16 displays, because I missed that one?

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration but in 2011 there were 4 if I remember correctly.

It may be a good idea to stop comparing at this point, there are pros and cons for all events. Zeltweg for example will always have a rather small static because the base just does not have the space unlike Fairford. People can accept that or not but moaning about it definitely won't help.
And comparing anything to Kecskemet is just unfair, the support they receive is incredible! :grin:

Considering the predictions and fears at the beginning of the year that the show could be massively reduced I am really happy with that line-up and I also have seen most of the listed stuff before.

Airpower should not be taken for granted, there are lots of people who consider it a waste of money and resources despite the positive economical impact the event has for the otherwise rather remote surrounding area. Protests and discussions come up in Austria every time the event takes place and I am actually quite surprised that it still happens in this country. So enjoy it while you can and don`t get spoilt by previous line ups. :smile:

Participation of the Super Connie and Dutch Apache demo team is rumored by the way....

JJC

Post by JJC »

Mictheslik wrote:Even without all the classic stuff you've got:

Typhoon
F16
FA18
Mig29
Gripen

All flying.....

.mic

Hardly 'near indentical'. Completely different routines from the European regulars, which is readily apparent to any and all who watch them.
Last edited by JJC on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

DeanW wrote:Probably a good thing that the above link doesn't show the finalised participation list doesn't it then :wink: It's only early April - still plenty of time! :smile:

I know there will be some further updates! :wink: But I doubt there will be prominent additions until the airshow, except the stuff already known (Frecce, Patrouille de France and for sure BREITLING JET TEAM!!! :yahoo: :butt: )

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Eizo wrote:
DeanW wrote:Probably a good thing that the above link doesn't show the finalised participation list doesn't it then :wink: It's only early April - still plenty of time! :smile:

I know there will be some further updates! :wink: But I doubt there will be prominent additions until the airshow, except the stuff already known (Frecce, Patrouille de France and for sure BREITLING JET TEAM!!! :yahoo: :butt: )

Are the Jet Team not out in Asia for the 2013 season?

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Kieran wrote:Are the Jet Team not out in Asia for the 2013 season?

Really? :drool: One lunch break team off the list! ;)

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Zeltweg is not on the Dutch Apache demo schedule, so scratch that.

p2philip

Post by p2philip »

Chrisse wrote:Zeltweg is not on the Dutch Apache demo schedule, so scratch that.

What a pity!

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

+ Patrouille De France

emkey83

Post by emkey83 »

Gripen from Czech Republic for flying display.

Now six fast Jet displays!

p2philip

Post by p2philip »

emkey83 wrote:Gripen from Czech Republic for flying display.

Now six fast Jet displays!

Now seven:
+ Belgian F-16 (f)
+ Norwegian F-16 (s)
+ 2 Portuguese Alpha Jets (s)

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Czech: Alca (S)
France: Mirage 2000 (S)
Serbia: An-26 (S)

Quid59

Post by Quid59 »

2 Saudi AF typhoons will be delivered From Warton to Saudi AF during the Zeltweg airshow like 2 years ago.So expect 2 Saudi typhoons if everything goes as planned.

TonyO

Post by TonyO »

Great to see the famous Austro-Saudi defence agreement working for Austrian show organisers! WTF!
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?