Hardwick

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
jonny7

Hardwick

Post by jonny7 »

Some shots from yesterday.A couple of visiting Stearman from nearby Priory Farm(Not the Clinic :lol: ),the one near Tibbenham. These made a nice sight and the base stearman pilot from Hardwick warplanes, was kind enough to let me have access to photograph them. :smile:

The stearman chap was really helpful,as opposed to the other person who when I asked if I could get some access to photograph the Mustangs said no and even suggested that I'd enough photos of the Mustangs from previous visits anyway. :wall: So with that I'll give the place a miss.. :-X Some stearman shots anyway,the visiting pilots and resident pilot couldn't have been more helpful. Thank you...

I managed to get the last couple of shots with some ladders from over a hedge(with which the farmer who own's the site gave me permission to do so :heyhey: ) Lastly it's always good to see the roadsters or classic cars that turn up. Hope you like the shots lads.

Last edited by LN Strike Eagle on Mon 20 May 2013, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Put each image on a new line.
Don't say something crass, to hide your envy. Just give credit, when its applicable...

FOTO4

Re: Hardwick

Post by FOTO4 »

Good to see

colper

Post by colper »

Good set jonny7,like the low angles especially the first Stearman group shot.Also like the old car selection

Colin

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 »

DanO1978 wrote:Disappointing to hear the attitude you mention. Must say, it's the first I've heard of anyone at Hardwick being anything other than friendly?

I don't think the full story is being told here. Maurice Hammond did actually explain that, as the access was to the 'live' side of the rope, it was not possible and that if he let the poster have access then he would have to let everyone do the same. Not an unreasonable position if you ask me and he certainly didn't come across as unfriendly when doing so.

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Zymurgy661 wrote:
DanO1978 wrote:Disappointing to hear the attitude you mention. Must say, it's the first I've heard of anyone at Hardwick being anything other than friendly?

I don't think the full story is being told here. Maurice Hammond did actually explain that, as the access was to the 'live' side of the rope, it was not possible and that if he let the poster have access then he would have to let everyone do the same. Not an unreasonable position if you ask me and he certainly didn't come across as unfriendly when doing so.

Another enthusiast feeling hard done by, no doubt - giving the rest of us a bad name. Disgusting twist of a completely normal situation.

jonny7

Post by jonny7 »

I think it's allowed to have a point of view,and I'm only going to say how I felt because of it. :smile:
I have been going to that place years and I also have found Maurice and his people very accommodating and helpful.
I have supplied photos to their facebook and web site.Also I have on other sites been nothing but praise-worthy
of what they do and I spread the message it's a place to visitCheck my web site for this and you will see. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aero-Spo ... ref=stream from this you'll understand.

I am fully aware of health and safety and used to work on an airport once upon a time.On the day it riled me as the chap I asked (who knows me from my visits) knew there
was no aircraft flying and on this day at that moment, I just wanted to get some new static shots of Janie and Marinnell together with my new wide angled bridge camera.So I was annoyed as
knows I've been going years and sing their praise's till the cows come home.What really annoys me I know the farmer well ,David Woodrow and he has told this certain person to help me
when I can to get shots.He has given me permission to access any where as long as they are aware.

The Stearman pilot was mentioned because he was very helpful and I have high lighted this but he did not know the situation I am trying to explain.He was at another end of the airfield.
The particular person seems to derive some sense of satisfaction :hypno: from not helping me and I cant understand why he does this.When he explained I'd got enough photos from previous
occasions it annoyed me as I wanted to try my new camera out which would give me different looking angles.Don't bother to jump on my case in any way negative when you don't know the situation,I wont bother to answer :-X Some times photographers do a lot of grovelling now and then to try and get in a position or situation to get a certain angle,we all do it ,those that are passionate about it.So when the polite way to ask some-one to help you out and they just look at you as if they have seen you for the first time its annoying.I don't want to throw any bad light on the place as nearly all the people there know me and he is the only awkward customer I have truck with.

Having praised the place for nearly seven years it's not bad in that whole time to have one moan .So for the people to jump to conclusions quickly(DON'T)as you are not aware to
what has gone before.Just as a special mention Maurice has been the most helpful to me from out the whole team. :up:
Don't say something crass, to hide your envy. Just give credit, when its applicable...

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 »

Hi Jonny7

Indeed, it was obvious to all that were there that you were riled and obviously there is some history there between you. I'm sure however that you can understand the point of view that was given that if you were allowed over the rope to take a photo then what was to stop the rest of the group of 20ish people who were gathered there at the same time as you also asking for the same thing? Bearing in mind that none of the gathered probably knew that you are a regular all they saw was that you were asking to get on the other side of the rope to try your new camera. Maybe having a discrete word with them rather than in front of the crowd may have helped?

I'm not jumping to conclusions, just mearly stating the situation as i saw it on the day. As you say, i think its allowed to have a point of view.

Regardless, the low angle shot of the Stearman line up is very nice. Did Janie go up for another test flight or just ground run? Couldn't stay around to catch her.

jonny7

Post by jonny7 »

Hi Zymurgy661,

Firstly thank-you for reading my side of it.I have often spoken on the quiet many a times with David there also in his presence.He continues to have a memory loss
every time I approach him and most times I have to go and look for David to remind him to help me out.Apart from writing small articles even about the place and once sending 7 letters to different T.V companies about the place and Maurice Hammonds engineering genius,there is no further action to take about saying how good this bloke is who rebuilds aircraft and engines.

Some of the TV people wrote back and I don't think they commissioned the idea but they made a heck of a lot of aviation related programmes after that in a similar vain.Anyway from this
you can see my interest.I suppose he isn't thinking like a photographer and can't see why they are so interested.Cheers.. :smile: